WWE fines Lars Sullivan $100,000, will complete sensitivity training

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
KILLdozer

Re: WWE fines Lars Sullivan $100,000, will complete sensitivity training

Post by KILLdozer » May 14th, '19, 23:49

cero2k wrote: May 14th, '19, 23:26
KILLdozer wrote: May 14th, '19, 22:01
Bob-O wrote: May 14th, '19, 21:28 I'm not sympathizing with the man, I don't care for him, and I understand it's a weird situation for WWE, but how in the fuck are you going to fine a man $100,000 for things he did before you hired him? That's just not how it works! Fire him? Sure. Send him to sensitivity training? OK, whatever. But who are you to FINE HIM, financially profit from him, for actions he made years before you even knew who he was? This, in theory, would be the same concept as them giving Wellness Strikes to guys for doing steroids before they worked there.
Yeah, it's really absolutely none of their business what he did before he got there...as long as he isn't a criminal with a bad image-which he obviously isn't.
it is totally their business because that stuff will always come back and they are a public company, but they still decided to hire him knowing about it, and so we know they never cared about it. It may not be criminal, but it's definitely bad image.

Like i said, the fine is just to cover their asses so people let it go. Kinda like when they just washed their hands when that Uso got arrested. WWE will always have a double standard depending on how much money you make for them.
"I should let you know-I TALKED A LOT OF SHIT about ALL KINDS of people years ago on the internet. I understand if you don't like it..."

Said no one ever. I believe NWK brought it up...BUT WHOSE business is it to be putting this shit out there in the open and JUST HAVING TO BRING IT OUT anyway?

Dick-ass, punkass, shitass, fucking fat BOYs. That's who. Causing trouble just to do it.

Yeah. It's 1245 and MY GOT DANG DOG has been having a fit over the rain....
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 14th, '19, 23:58

cero2k wrote: May 14th, '19, 23:26
KILLdozer wrote: May 14th, '19, 22:01
Bob-O wrote: May 14th, '19, 21:28 I'm not sympathizing with the man, I don't care for him, and I understand it's a weird situation for WWE, but how in the fuck are you going to fine a man $100,000 for things he did before you hired him? That's just not how it works! Fire him? Sure. Send him to sensitivity training? OK, whatever. But who are you to FINE HIM, financially profit from him, for actions he made years before you even knew who he was? This, in theory, would be the same concept as them giving Wellness Strikes to guys for doing steroids before they worked there.
Yeah, it's really absolutely none of their business what he did before he got there...as long as he isn't a criminal with a bad image-which he obviously isn't.
it is totally their business because that stuff will always come back and they are a public company, but they still decided to hire him knowing about it, and so we know they never cared about it. It may not be criminal, but it's definitely bad image.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they didn't know about this and probably wouldn't have hired him if they didn't (didn't Jessica Havok have some Nazi problems or something that kept her from getting into WWE?).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 15th, '19, 00:03

Big Red Machine wrote: May 14th, '19, 23:58
Actually, I'm pretty sure they didn't know about this and probably wouldn't have hired him if they didn't (didn't Jessica Havok have some Nazi problems or something that kept her from getting into WWE?).
yeah, but Havok is not special enough like Lars. People have said they knew since it has come up before. idk

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 15th, '19, 05:38

cero2k wrote: May 14th, '19, 23:26 it is totally their business because that stuff will always come back and they are a public company, but they still decided to hire him knowing about it, and so we know they never cared about it. It may not be criminal, but it's definitely bad image.

Like i said, the fine is just to cover their asses so people let it go. Kinda like when they just washed their hands when that Uso got arrested. WWE will always have a double standard depending on how much money you make for them.
This.

It's just a bad situation. Lars is an asshole, and maybe they didn't know about any of it when they hired him... or maybe they did... I could absolutely see Vince reading every link on that Reddit post thinking, "Ha! The man's oldschool! I like it! Get him on the phone!".

But you CAN'T fine people that didn't break any laws or policies! You can't fine them ANY amount of money! Unless they asked him if there was anything from his past that might come up now that he's going to be famous (which is possible) and he lied about it, I'm not comfortable with him being punished AT ALL, you bought him 'As Is/No Refunds'.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 15th, '19, 07:25

Bob-O wrote: May 15th, '19, 05:38
cero2k wrote: May 14th, '19, 23:26 it is totally their business because that stuff will always come back and they are a public company, but they still decided to hire him knowing about it, and so we know they never cared about it. It may not be criminal, but it's definitely bad image.

This.

It's just a bad situation. Lars is an asshole, and maybe they didn't know about any of it when they hired him... or maybe they did... I could absolutely see Vince reading every link on that Reddit post thinking, "Ha! The man's oldschool! I like it! Get him on the phone!".

But you CAN'T fine people that didn't break any laws or policies! You can't fine them ANY amount of money! Unless they asked him if there was anything from his past that might come up now that he's going to be famous (which is possible) and he lied about it, I'm not comfortable with him being punished AT ALL, you bought him 'As Is/No Refunds'.
I'm saying I think they have a policy in place requiring you to tell them about such things, which is technically what the fine is for.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 16th, '19, 18:29

WWE does have the contractual right to fine a wrestler under these circumstances, even if the incident took place before working for them.
I am absolutely beside myself. I'm REALLY curious as to the wording of that clause, because this sort of thing is open to so much interpretation. Complete bullshit, unless it's in there to "protect" employees independent contractors from being terminated over skeletons in their closets, which is also bullshit to all those that have been fired in the past.

Good to hear that he's legit not that guy anymore.
Mars Wrigley Confectionery was furious after receiving a letter from a Reddit user who used the name “SnitchBoy.”
Maybe Reddit User SnitchBoy should send Mars Wrigley Confectionery a letter about what a great example Vince has set over the years...

SONICdopeFRESH

Post by SONICdopeFRESH » May 25th, '19, 12:18

Fuuuuck Lars Sullivan.
Booker T: "HIP BONE CONNECTED TO THE LEG BONE!!!" ...... Cole: "WHAAAAT?"

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 25th, '19, 16:56

SONICdopeFRESH wrote: May 25th, '19, 12:18 Fuuuuck Lars Sullivan.
Holy fuck it's Sonic! and yeah, fuck that guy!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 25th, '19, 19:18

SONICdopeFRESH wrote: May 25th, '19, 12:18 Fuuuuck Lars Sullivan.
SONIC IS BACK!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 30th, '19, 09:03

He actually wasn't featured on this week's shows...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 30th, '19, 09:11

KILLdozer wrote: May 30th, '19, 09:03
he was on smackdown setting up his Saudi match, wasn't he?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 30th, '19, 09:23

cero2k wrote: May 30th, '19, 09:11
KILLdozer wrote: May 30th, '19, 09:03
he was on smackdown setting up his Saudi match, wasn't he?
No, and he doesn't have one lol.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 30th, '19, 10:51

I'm guessing sensitivety training did not go well...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 30th, '19, 13:05

KILLdozer wrote: May 30th, '19, 09:23
he does have a handicap match set against Lucha House Party at Saudi. I figured they had done an angle to set it up

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 30th, '19, 14:29

cero2k wrote: May 30th, '19, 13:05
he does have a handicap match set against Lucha House Party at Saudi. I figured they had done an angle to set it up
Who knew. No, he was off of all television this week. Maybe they realized what Bob-O and I already knew....

I mean...I'd rather see Goldberg than Lars Sullivan and I DESPISE THE ENTIRE IDEA of THE UNDERTAKER COMING BACK AGAIN!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 30th, '19, 15:50

cero2k wrote: May 30th, '19, 13:05
They did last week on Raw.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation