WWE moving headquarters, selling Titan Towers

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

WWE moving headquarters, selling Titan Towers

Post by cero2k » Mar 20th, '19, 15:08

Source: f4wonline.com

After 34 years, WWE’s world headquarters will be moving to a new location in Stamford, Connecticut.

According to the press release WWE issued this afternoon, the company is anticipating the move to take place in 2021. They will be moving to a new complex on 677 Washington Boulevard and will be selling their current headquarters, Titan Towers. They will also be exiting their leased spaces on 1266 East Main Street and will “evaluate their options” for their production studio facilities at 88 and 120 Hamilton Avenue.

“One of the most important elements necessary to execute WWE’s long-term growth strategy is world-class talent collaborating seamlessly to create compelling content,” George Barrios, WWE Co-President was quoted as saying in the press release. “Our workplace initiative will be the foundation to meet these objectives and underpins our ability to deliver long-term value.”

Built in 1981, WWE purchased Titan Towers in 1985 and has since become its world headquarters. A number of angles and televised segments have taken place over the years in and outside of the building, including rooftop event footage that was later used for the intro to Monday Night Raw.

WWE will be leasing their new building for an initial 16.5 year term that will start no earlier than July 1, 2019.

Bob-O

Re: WWE moving headquarters, selling Titan Towers

Post by Bob-O » Mar 20th, '19, 19:01

I'm surprised they're not moving all operations to Orlando...

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 21st, '19, 06:15

Bob-O wrote: Mar 20th, '19, 19:01 I'm surprised they're not moving all operations to Orlando...
It would make sense to move ALOT of stuff there, but they've always been associated with the Connecticut / New York area... to move HQ outside of there would be vastly unpopular (thinking of office employees, canteen ladies and maintenance people who have probably worked for WWE for years!).
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '19, 07:43

XIV wrote: Mar 21st, '19, 06:15
Bob-O wrote: Mar 20th, '19, 19:01 I'm surprised they're not moving all operations to Orlando...
It would make sense to move ALOT of stuff there, but they've always been associated with the Connecticut / New York area... to move HQ outside of there would be vastly unpopular (thinking of office employees, canteen ladies and maintenance people who have probably worked for WWE for years!).
Also kind of ironic when you consider the people Vince made move to Connecticut who really didn't want to (Cornette is the most famous, but I believe Russo and Ross fall into this category as well).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 21st, '19, 08:34

XIV wrote: Mar 21st, '19, 06:15 thinking of office employees, canteen ladies and maintenance people who have probably worked for WWE for years!
Things corporate WWE doesn't care about

i think it's more likely Vince and buddies don't want to move completely.