Asuka's WM challenger to be decided on next week's WWE SmackDown

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Asuka's WM challenger to be decided on next week's WWE SmackDown

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 20th, '19, 14:15

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Mar 19, 2019 10:28 pm

Asuka didn't make an appearance on this week's SmackDown, but WWE has announced how her challenger for WrestleMania will be determined.

WWE uploaded a post-show video where Kayla Braxton interviewed Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. Rose vs. Deville vs. Naomi vs. Carmella in a fatal four-way match was announced for next week's SmackDown, with the winner challenging for Asuka's SmackDown Women's Championship at WrestleMania 35.

Asuka retained her title by defeating Rose at Fastlane earlier this month. The finish of the match was Asuka hitting a kick and pinning Rose after Rose slipped on a kendo stick that Deville put on the ring apron. Asuka then defeated Deville on last week's SmackDown. This time, the finish was Rose trying to interfere but causing Deville to slip.

Asuka has been SmackDown Women's Champion since defeating Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair in a tables, ladders, and chairs match at December's TLC pay-per-view.

Next week's SmackDown is taking place at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Asuka's WM challenger to be decided on next week's WWE SmackDown

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 20th, '19, 14:17

None of these are interesting prospects in any way.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 20th, '19, 14:48

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 20th, '19, 14:17 None of these are interesting prospects in any way.
Asuka was going to be an afterthought on this card no matter what they did, but they certainly aren’t helping her at all with any of these.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 20th, '19, 20:55

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 20th, '19, 14:17 None of these are interesting prospects in any way.
Yeah. All jerks/idiots with literally none to minimum build put into them.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 20th, '19, 21:02

That's what happens though when you don't care about anyone other than Becky and Charlotte....including the current women's champion.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 21st, '19, 17:13

Hello Pre-show!

Why not take any one of those 4 out of the Fatal Four Way, insert Asuke and just do that at 'Mania? Since they've got nothing for her, why not go a gimmicky route to make it interesting...?

Or, since two Smackdown girls are challenging for the Raw Women's Title, do Bliss vs Asuke or Ember vs Asuke (which we know would deliver).

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '19, 17:19

Bob-O wrote: Mar 21st, '19, 17:13 Hello Pre-show!

Why not take any one of those 4 out of the Fatal Four Way, insert Asuke and just do that at 'Mania? Since they've got nothing for her, why not go a gimmicky route to make it interesting...?

Or, since two Smackdown girls are challenging for the Raw Women's Title, do Bliss vs Asuke or Ember vs Asuke (which we know would deliver).
Ember is out for due to surgery on her arm for the next few months. Bliss vs. Asuka would take way too much maneuvering to get to because they're on separate shows.

Once they decided to put Charlotte in the Ronda/Becky match, they should have immediately picked someone to face Asuka at Mania and started building her up right then and there. Not having done so is completely negligent. There is absolutely no excuse.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 21st, '19, 18:46

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 21st, '19, 17:19

Ember is out for due to surgery on her arm for the next few months. Bliss vs. Asuka would take way too much maneuvering to get to because they're on separate shows.

Once they decided to put Charlotte in the Ronda/Becky match, they should have immediately picked someone to face Asuka at Mania and started building her up right then and there. Not having done so is completely negligent. There is absolutely no excuse.
Seperate shows don't matter. Just show up and the match is on...obviously.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 21st, '19, 19:51

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 21st, '19, 18:46
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 21st, '19, 17:19

Seperate shows don't matter. Just show up and the match is on...obviously.
Haha! For real!

WTF complicated "maneuvering" did they do to get Charlotte into the title mix on Raw?? Or is that the part where they had Rhonda piss everyone off so we'd forget how none of this makes any sense within the boundaries they set for themselves?

Bliss has a talk show.

"This week on Smackdown we have a special edition of Moment of Bliss with Asuke!"

Alexa: "Hey... Asuke... f*ck you. I am going to take your title at Wrestlemania and there's nothing you can say about it that anyone is going to understand lol, so don't bother."

Done. That easy.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 22nd, '19, 07:55

Bob-O wrote: Mar 21st, '19, 19:51
Bliss has a talk show.

"This week on Smackdown we have a special edition of Moment of Bliss with Asuke!"

Alexa: "Hey... Asuke... f*ck you. I am going to take your title at Wrestlemania and there's nothing you can say about it that anyone is going to understand lol, so don't bother."

Done. That easy.
if Alexa ever says fuck you on a Moment of Bliss, i swear i'll start watching WWE religiously again

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 22nd, '19, 08:25

I think about this and realise...

WWE has fucked Asuka and the SD women’s title up so much, that I actually don’t care about any Asuka match at Wrestlemania. Couldn’t care less.

That’s not Asuka’s fault... that’s the fault of creative.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 22nd, '19, 09:37

XIV wrote: Mar 22nd, '19, 08:25 I think about this and realise...

WWE has fucked Asuka and the SD women’s title up so much, that I actually don’t care about any Asuka match at Wrestlemania. Couldn’t care less.

There's really no reason to care. There isn't and there's not going to be any build, no serious main event level, caliber of challengers, and they obviously don't care any way at all about the entire situation...so ya know...wtfever!

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 22nd, '19, 10:07

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 22nd, '19, 09:37

There's really no reason to care. There isn't and there's not going to be any build, no serious main event level, caliber of challengers, and they obviously don't care any way at all about the entire situation...so ya know...wtfever!
Two weeks to build a match is pointless.

That’s why I don’t care about Batista vs Triple H. Yes there’s history, yes they hinted it months ago, yes it’ll probably be a half decent match. But there isn’t enough build. Isn’t enough of a reason for Batista to really hate Triple H and I just couldn’t care less.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 22nd, '19, 10:49

XIV wrote: Mar 22nd, '19, 10:07

That’s why I don’t care about Batista vs Triple H. Yes there’s history, yes they hinted it months ago, yes it’ll probably be a half decent match. But there isn’t enough build. Isn’t enough of a reason for Batista to really hate Triple H and I just couldn’t care less.
Two weeks build can be fine for certain matches, but those are the matches that go second or third on the PPV card.

I totally agree about Hunter vs. Batista though. Also, dind't Dave turn on Hunter for trying to hold him down as the build-up to WrestleMania XXI?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 22nd, '19, 10:57

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 22nd, '19, 10:49

Two weeks build can be fine for certain matches, but those are the matches that go second or third on the PPV card.

I totally agree about Hunter vs. Batista though. Also, dind't Dave turn on Hunter for trying to hold him down as the build-up to WrestleMania XXI?

Yes, Dave has really got no beef with Triple H. He did the whole “you’ve never beat me 1v1” comment and that’s the whole angle, yet Batista is the aggressor.

It would have made more sense if the week before the Flair birthday bash if Triple H cut a promo saying “I’m reflecting on my career, I’ve been thinking about what Dave says and it bugs me, I want one more shot to beat Dave at the grandest stage, that should get the movie star’s attention” really nail home that that last sentence.

Then when Batista shows up and beats up Flair and says “you have my attention, do I have Yours?” The place would explode and there’s your angle. Boom.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 22nd, '19, 11:03

XIV wrote: Mar 22nd, '19, 10:57

Yes, Dave has really got no beef with Triple H. He did the whole “you’ve never beat me 1v1” comment and that’s the whole angle, yet Batista is the aggressor.

It would have made more sense if the week before the Flair birthday bash if Triple H cut a promo saying “I’m reflecting on my career, I’ve been thinking about what Dave says and it bugs me, I want one more shot to beat Dave at the grandest stage, that should get the movie star’s attention” really nail home that that last sentence.

Then when Batista shows up and beats up Flair and says “you have my attention, do I have Yours?” The place would explode and there’s your angle. Boom.
In fact... EDIT.

Have Triple H cut the above promo. Dave comes to flair’s birthday bash and says “nah, I’m okay, I’m done with wrestling, I’m Drax, I’m okay, wrestling and you don’t really have my attention right now”.

Then later in the night everyone’s in the ring waiting for Flair and the camera shows Hunter heading to Flair’s locker room with a big old smile on his face, everyone thinks he’s going to get his friend. Hunter knocks on the door, Flair opens up and smiles and says “lemme grab my jacket”, Hunter follows him in and then you get the same thing where Flair is beaten up and have Triple H be the heel and then cut a similar promo to Batista asking him if he has his attention now.

Boom. There’s your angle.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 22nd, '19, 11:07

XIV wrote: Mar 22nd, '19, 11:03

In fact... EDIT.

Have Triple H cut the above promo. Dave comes to flair’s birthday bash and says “nah, I’m okay, I’m done with wrestling, I’m Drax, I’m okay, wrestling and you don’t really have my attention right now”.

Then later in the night everyone’s in the ring waiting for Flair and the camera shows Hunter heading to Flair’s locker room with a big old smile on his face, everyone thinks he’s going to get his friend. Hunter knocks on the door, Flair opens up and smiles and says “lemme grab my jacket”, Hunter follows him in and then you get the same thing where Flair is beaten up and have Triple H be the heel and then cut a similar promo to Batista asking him if he has his attention now.

Another EDIT!

Then, you get Triple H vs Batista w/Ric Flair in his corner at WM35. Inevitably, Flair turns on Batista with a low blow, giving Triple H that win. Because they faked the whole assault thing just to get one over on Dave for all the times he neglected Wrestling.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 22nd, '19, 11:47

XIV wrote: Mar 22nd, '19, 11:07

In fact... EDIT.

Another EDIT!

Then, you get Triple H vs Batista w/Ric Flair in his corner at WM35. Inevitably, Flair turns on Batista with a low blow, giving Triple H that win. Because they faked the whole assault thing just to get one over on Dave for all the times he neglected Wrestling.
Made sense until the ending lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 22nd, '19, 12:06

XIV wrote: Mar 22nd, '19, 11:07

In fact... EDIT.

Another EDIT!

The shoot problem with this is that I believe Dave insisted on being the heel.
The structural problem with it is that you have actually made Hunter and Flair into the babyfaces at the end, even though they're the ones cheating and being deceptive. And as the whole Brock thing has been designed to teach us, people who neglect pro wrestling are the heels. So basically you wind up with unlikable babyfaces.

But your first scenario was good.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 22nd, '19, 12:10

Besides, face Batista is boring and not nearly as entertaining. It's just a weird display, above all else.