AJ Styles Re-Signs with WWE. DJZ Signs with WWE

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

AJ Styles Re-Signs with WWE. DJZ Signs with WWE

Post by cero2k » Mar 18th, '19, 17:17

Source: f4wonline.com

-- It appears that AJ Styles has officially signed a new contract with WWE.

PWInsider reported today that they've been told by several sources that Styles and WWE have agreed on all major points for his new deal. The reported added that there are some within WWE who believe the deal has already been signed.

Styles then responded to the report by tweeting a picture of his family's new dog and writing: "This is the newest member of my family. Also, I’ve signed a new contract with the WWE. What a cute little guy."

Terms of the contract have yet to be revealed.

Dave Meltzer wrote earlier this month that, while Styles had not yet signed his new contract at that point, Styles "had told friends and all expectations are that he will sign [with WWE]. The basic gist regards his age, and the stability of WWE at this point in his career. Styles is Kenny Omega’s dream opponent and he’s good enough friends with the Young Bucks that they have talked with him when they were considering their own futures late last year. Those in AEW had not expected Styles to consider coming although they obviously would have wanted him if he was interested"

Styles made his WWE debut in the 2016 Royal Rumble match and has held the WWE Championship two times since joining the company. Styles vs. Randy Orton is official for WrestleMania 35.

-- DJZ has signed a deal with WWE and will be joining NXT in the near future.

PWInsider were the first to break the story, saying that a deal was signed in the last week of February and that he will be reporting to the Performance Center under a NXT deal. Dave Meltzer has also confirmed that he has signed.

DJZ first started wrestling under the name Shiima Xion in 2004, wrestling on the independent circuit both in the United States and in Mexico. In 2011, he signed with Impact Wrestling under the name Zema Ion, winning the X Division title the following year. He later adopted a DJ gimmick, associating himself with the Bromans (Jessie Godderz and recent WWE signee Robbie E) and changing his name to DJZ.

He continued to wrestle off and on for Impact Wrestling through 2018, most recently teaming with Andrew Everett to capture the Impact Tag Team titles last April. He announced his departure from Impact Wrestling on 12/31 and has since worked the independent scene including wrestling for AAW, EVOLVE, MLW and PROGRESS.

XIV

Re: AJ Styles Re-Signs with WWE. DJZ Signs with WWE

Post by XIV » Mar 19th, '19, 00:35

AJ is the one “outside” talent that WWE have used properly. So, this makes sense I guess.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 19th, '19, 01:14

XIV wrote: Mar 19th, '19, 00:35 AJ is the one “outside” talent that WWE have used properly. So, this makes sense I guess.
Owens?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 19th, '19, 07:59

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 19th, '19, 01:14
XIV wrote: Mar 19th, '19, 00:35 AJ is the one “outside” talent that WWE have used properly. So, this makes sense I guess.
Owens?
not really. he's not been misused as some others, but i wouldn't say properly either

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 19th, '19, 08:30

cero2k wrote: Mar 19th, '19, 07:59
Owens?
not really. he's not been misused as some others, but i wouldn't say properly either
I think it was obvious that they wanted him on TV beyond his US Title reign, but had no idea what to do with him. I'd say he was misused, but protected.

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 20th, '19, 05:45

Bob-O wrote: Mar 19th, '19, 08:30
cero2k wrote: Mar 19th, '19, 07:59
Owens?
I think it was obvious that they wanted him on TV beyond his US Title reign, but had no idea what to do with him. I'd say he was misused, but protected.

Owens has been used well, but not consistently. AJ Styles has spent much of his WWE Career at the top of the card either as a champion, challenger or feuding with someone else at the top of the card. Even the Shane McMahon feud didn't feel like a misuse to me, it might to some, but not to me because it still had it's billing on the card. Considering he was a babyface world champion his reign was very long. babyface reigns don't tend to be the longest historically.

You can argue that Joe is now starting to get used in the correct manner, but it hasn't been consistent.
You can argue that Owens now and historically has been used correctly, but it hasn't been consistent.

My point is that AJ Styles has been used well, in the correct spots, doing high level billing, plus his merchandise does good numbers with the gloves especially, but no doubt t-shirts and action figures too. So he is probably reaping good financial benefits, he's a PPV draw because the people love AJ Styles worldwide and he's proved he can work at the top and be a WWE guy. Signing the contract makes financial, business and career sense to me.
Have A Nice Day!