WWE announces D-Generation X for 2019 Hall of Fame class

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE announces D-Generation X for 2019 Hall of Fame class

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 12:00

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Feb 18, 2019 9:28 am

WWE has finally made their first official announcement for this year's Hall of Fame class.

After an advertisement about the news went around overnight, WWE announced via ESPN today that D-Generation X will be inducted into their Hall of Fame over WrestleMania 35 weekend. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chyna, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and X-Pac will be the six D-X members going into the Hall of Fame.

"I think it's the most meaningful for us all to go in together and to be recognized together," Triple H told ESPN about both versions of D-X going into the Hall of Fame. "Because I think both groups were [just] as impactful."

This will be Michaels' second induction and the first for Triple H, Chyna, Road Dogg, Gunn, and X-Pac.

Chyna is being posthumously inducted nearly three years after her death. Triple H spoke to ESPN about her joining the Hall of Fame: "It'd be tough to pick a female that was more impactful on the business. She did something that was completely so out of left field that it wasn't even being considered when we first brought it up for her to come in. It wasn't even a consideration... it wasn't an easy thing, and against all odds she did all of that. She earned everybody's trust. She won over the fans. She won over the boys. She did all of it."

"From that standpoint, absolutely 100 percent deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, and should probably be more than once -- as a group, but individually as well," Triple H said. "There's more complexity to that than meets the eye, but here we are. I'm just happy that it's here. I'm happy for her family, the people that she was close to, that hopefully this is super meaningful to them. I know it would be to her. It's a great thing -- very deserving."

It was announced last month that Gunn is working as a producer for All Elite Wrestling.

Rick Rude, who was part of WWE's Hall of Fame class of 2017, isn't going in again with D-X.

The D-X name was most recently used on WWE television when Triple H & Michaels teamed against The Undertaker & Kane at Crown Jewel in November 2018.

This year's Hall of Fame ceremony is taking place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Saturday, April 6. Tickets will go on sale this Friday (February 22) at noon Eastern time.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: WWE announces D-Generation X for 2019 Hall of Fame class

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 18th, '19, 12:24

Could we stop with the Barclays Center for a bit? Seems like they're ALWAYS there.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 12:34

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 12:24 Could we stop with the Barclays Center for a bit? Seems like they're ALWAYS there.
This isn't WWE's fault. The other big arenas in the area are Nassau Colosseum (and old sh*t-hole with bad public transportation access) and MSG (which charges outrageous fees to broadcast from there).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 18th, '19, 12:55

Interesting to recognise Gunn considering his new affiliation. But it’s not like he’ll be an on screen talent. So, it’s not that bad I guess.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '19, 12:56

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 12:34
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 12:24 Could we stop with the Barclays Center for a bit? Seems like they're ALWAYS there.
This isn't WWE's fault. MSG (which charges outrageous fees to broadcast from there).
not an excuse for wwe

i take it this is how you get xpac and chyna to the HOF so people stop bitching about her

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 13:09

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 12:56
This isn't WWE's fault. MSG (which charges outrageous fees to broadcast from there).
not an excuse for wwe

Where else in their top market would you like them to run?
(Also, if they start doing TV/PPV from the Garden it kills the idea of the special-ness of an "MSG house show" which is the only play they do pyro and the only house show Vince actually shows up to.

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 12:56 i take it this is how you get xpac and chyna to the HOF so people stop bitching about her
Probably.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 13:09

Also note that this is Hunter's first HOF induction.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 18th, '19, 13:46

not an excuse for wwe

i take it this is how you get xpac and chyna to the HOF so people stop bitching about her
Yeah, who in WWE has any reason to care about money when it comes to a venue? Brm should actually be banned for an hour for saying something so ridiculous.

Also yeah about China. Not to mention...what a fuckin' shitass and an asshole. All those wonderful words about her and how she "should be going in as herself separately...", but then why haven't they ?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 13:59

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 13:46

not an excuse for wwe

Yeah, who in WWE has any reason to care about money when it comes to a venue? Brm should actually be banned for an hour for saying something so ridiculous.
Dude... the newer arena, slightly smaller (2,500 difference) arena with better parking is cheaper to run. How can you blame them for running there?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '19, 15:57

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 13:09 Also note that this is Hunter's first HOF induction.
which i don't like. That is one of the only things I've respected about Vince forever, that he won't go in to his own HOF, and now there goes hunter me me me. such an attention whore.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 15:58

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 15:57
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 13:09 Also note that this is Hunter's first HOF induction.
which i don't like. That is one of the only things I've respected about Vince forever, that he won't go in to his own HOF, and now there goes hunter me me me. such an attention whore.
Unless the goal was to get the others in and this was the only way they could justify it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 18th, '19, 16:02

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 15:58
cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 15:57
Unless the goal was to get the others in and this was the only way they could justify it.
Do any of the others really belong in in the first place?

Stable aside, they weren't so great at all.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '19, 16:05

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 16:02

it's the WWE HOF, everyone belongs there, Eric Escobar and Tyler Reks will go in one day.

Billy Gunn and Road Dogg could EASILY go in as the New Age Outlaws. Chyna we don't need to argue for her contributions, and X-Pac, arguably a great cruiserweight and talent as 123 Kid and XPAC. HBK doesn't need a second induction.

WWE just can't keep it in their pants when it comes to DX

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 16:56

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 16:05
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 16:02

it's the WWE HOF, everyone belongs there, Eric Escobar and Tyler Reks will go in one day.

Billy Gunn and Road Dogg could EASILY go in as the New Age Outlaws. Chyna we don't need to argue for her contributions, and X-Pac, arguably a great cruiserweight and talent as 123 Kid and XPAC. HBK doesn't need a second induction.

WWE just can't keep it in their pants when it comes to DX
Or the Horsemen, or anyone else. They have their quota of names per year, and their quotas for various divisions and minorities, and they'll induct Scott Hall as "Razor Ramon" and ignore his WCW run in their video package (and mostly did similar with Jeff Jarrett as well... and that's taken their total ignoring of TNA for granted as standard WWE practice). They're HOF doesn't mean much and is not worth arguing about candidate quality based on their contributions to WWE or the business. If you've got a morality case against someone then it's worth arguing about, but otherwise they'll induct whoever they want, no matter how much of a midcarder that person was.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '19, 17:00

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 16:56
Or the Horsemen, or anyone else. They have their quota of names per year, and their quotas for various divisions and minorities, and they'll induct Scott Hall as "Razor Ramon" and ignore his WCW run in their video package (and mostly did similar with Jeff Jarrett as well... and that's taken their total ignoring of TNA for granted as standard WWE practice). They're HOF doesn't mean much and is not worth arguing about candidate quality based on their contributions to WWE or the business. If you've got a morality case against someone then it's worth arguing about, but otherwise they'll induct whoever they want, no matter how much of a midcarder that person was.
exactly why i don't think HBK needs a second induction or Hunter to circlejerk himself out there, their HOF is meaningless and all the DX could go in by themselves

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 17:06

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 17:00
exactly why i don't think HBK needs a second induction or Hunter to circlejerk himself out there, their HOF is meaningless and all the DX could go in by themselves
But anyone could go in by themselves with WWE's standard. This is about money. Hall of Famer or not, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, Chyna, and X-Pac are not going to sell merch. But another excuse to push D-X merch will (somehow) still sell.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 18th, '19, 17:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 17:06
cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 17:00
But anyone could go in by themselves with WWE's standard. This is about money. Hall of Famer or not, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, Chyna, and X-Pac are not going to sell merch. But another excuse to push D-X merch will (somehow) still sell.
Yeah...WHO'S still buying black and green shirts these days?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '19, 17:32

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 17:20

Yeah...WHO'S still buying black and green shirts these days?
Saudi Prince probably

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 18th, '19, 17:50

Yeah ok, The New Age Outlaws are one of the greatest tag teams of the last 20 years. Chyna ACTUALLY WAS...an innovator and trailblazer *slaps BRM five*, and Xpac definitely made a name for himself in cruiserweight divisions and midcards.

As I said though before, all that great talk about how Chyna herself going in but she didn't and hasn't. How funny would it be if they actually inducted her twice in the same class though...

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 19th, '19, 00:02

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 17:50 Yeah ok, The New Age Outlaws are one of the greatest tag teams of the last 20 years. Chyna ACTUALLY WAS...an innovator and trailblazer *slaps BRM five*, and Xpac definitely made a name for himself in cruiserweight divisions and midcards.

As I said though before, all that great talk about how Chyna herself going in but she didn't and hasn't. How funny would it be if they actually inducted her twice in the same class though...
They won’t. As mentioned before, this is the easiest way to induct Chyna without drawing too much attention on the other stuff.
Have A Nice Day!