Kenny Omega reveals AEW contract details, talks NJPW and WWE

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Kenny Omega reveals AEW contract details, talks NJPW and WWE

Post by cero2k » Feb 8th, '19, 22:35

Source: f4wonline.com

Kenny Omega opened up recently about the contract negotiations that led him to signing with AEW.

In an interview with Dave Meltzer and Garrett Gonzales, which you can see a clip of below, Omega talked about negotiating with WWE, AEW and New Japan. He mentioned that negotiating with WWE was more pleasant than people had previously told him.

“The most surprising thing to me was just how accommodating and how cool it was to discuss, you know, future with WWE” he told them. “I didn’t think they’d ever be in the running. I was like ‘yeah, I’ll hear you guys out’ but I didn’t think it’d be good because everyone was telling me, well, what to expect.”

“I have nothing but great things to say about them,” he added, “but in the end, AEW was the best thing for me and, you know, it’s the most exciting choice I’ve made in my career.”

Omega also said he's signed a four-year deal with AEW, and that he would be allowed to appear in New Japan if he wants to and if NJPW will have him.

“I have it specifically written in my contract that I can go anytime I want and appear for New Japan Pro Wrestling.” he stated.

You can hear a clip of the interview below, and subscribers can listen to the full interview here where Omega talks about his upcoming documentary, his recent feud with Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, video game fans and wrestling fans plus more.