WWE reveals announce teams for Royal Rumble matches

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE reveals announce teams for Royal Rumble matches

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 22nd, '19, 17:13

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jan 22, 2019 1:54 pm

WWE has confirmed the announce teams for Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

The men's Royal Rumble match will be called by Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Jerry Lawler, and JBL. Lawler had noted on his podcast that he'd be calling the match with Cole and JBL.

Renee Young, Beth Phoenix, Tom Phillips, and Graves will be the announce team for the women's Royal Rumble match.

The other Raw and SmackDown matches will be called by the usual announce teams for each brand (Cole, Graves, and Young for Raw and Phillips, Graves, and Byron Saxton for SmackDown). Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinness, and Percy Watson are calling Buddy Murphy's Cruiserweight Championship defense against Kalisto, Akira Tozawa, and Hideo Itami.

Mike Rome and Greg Hamilton have been announced as the ring announcers for the event.

The two-hour pre-show for the Royal Rumble will begin at 5 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday. Jonathan Coachman, Phoenix, Booker T, and Lawler will be the panel for the first hour, with Shawn Michaels and David Otunga replacing Booker T and Lawler in the second hour. There will also be another panel with JBL and Charly Caruso, and Kayla Braxton, Dasha Fuentes, and Sarah Schreiber will conduct interviews.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE reveals announce teams for Royal Rumble matches

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 22nd, '19, 17:16

A four-person team? UCH. There is no reason to have three color commentators. Or, if you insist on having Graves on the team and also want to have two women because it's the Women's Royal Rumble then don't use Phillips and teach Renee how to do play-by-play.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 23rd, '19, 13:14

Needs more commentators.
Have A Nice Day!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 23rd, '19, 19:45

XIV wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 13:14 Needs more commentators.
Agreed. I prefer a roundtable discussion of the matches WHILE I'm watching them- MINIMUM 4 Color Commentators, and 3 play by play guys... Cole for when the heel is in control, Phillips for when the babyface is in control, and Mauro to call the big spots... MAAAAAAAAA-MA MIAAAA!

Or maybe try a different 4 man person booth for each camera... that way, even if they cut mid sentence, we KNOW we're getting the best possible commentary for what's on our screens at any given time or camera angle.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '19, 19:47

I'm just hoping that Lawler and JBL get #3 and #4 respectively in the rumble and get taken out to the back. Then we get 59 minutes of graves trash talking cole

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 23rd, '19, 20:14

Remove Cole and Saxton and Phillips. Cole feels like he just won't be going anywhere but the other two aren't untouchable.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 24th, '19, 09:53

Bob-O wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 19:45
Agreed. I prefer a roundtable discussion of the matches WHILE I'm watching them- MINIMUM 4 Color Commentators, and 3 play by play guys... Cole for when the heel is in control, Phillips for when the babyface is in control, and Mauro to call the big spots... MAAAAAAAAA-MA MIAAAA!

Or maybe try a different 4 man person booth for each camera... that way, even if they cut mid sentence, we KNOW we're getting the best possible commentary for what's on our screens at any given time or camera angle.
That would make it simple to follow for the viewer.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '19, 10:47

XIV wrote: Jan 24th, '19, 09:53

So World War 3.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 24th, '19, 11:31

I'd be able to accept Cole if it was just him without the other two 2 dumbasses, Saxton and Phillips. Saxton is just horrible and Phillips just HAS THAT VOICE!

Definitely the worst announcer's voice I've ever heard.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 24th, '19, 11:32

Phillips might not be as bad either without Saxton. It's just several bad announcers at a time just makes it worse. 1 wouldn't be such a thing on the hand.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 25th, '19, 13:16

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 24th, '19, 10:47

So World War 3.
On a serious note, Vince will need control of his announcers... I don’t need 4 people screaming “oh my god it’s ............. “ whenever an unexpected wrestler enters. It’ll take the edge off.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 25th, '19, 13:46

XIV wrote: Jan 25th, '19, 13:16
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 24th, '19, 10:47

So World War 3.
On a serious note, Vince will need control of his announcers... I don’t need 4 people screaming “oh my god it’s ............. “ whenever an unexpected wrestler enters. It’ll take the edge off.
On a non-serious note, let's start spreading rumors that the reason all of these announcers will be in town (plus the NXT and 205 Live crews, plus former announcers Booker T and David Otunga are scheduled to be on pre-show panels) is that there is going to be a surprise Announcers Royal Rumble to determine who gets to call the main event of WrestleMania
Hidden text.
The winner will be former Sunday Night Heat announcer Shane McMahon.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 25th, '19, 15:17

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 25th, '19, 13:46
XIV wrote: Jan 25th, '19, 13:16
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 24th, '19, 10:47 So World War 3.
On a non-serious note, let's start spreading rumors that the reason all of these announcers will be in town (plus the NXT and 205 Live crews, plus former announcers Booker T and David Otunga are scheduled to be on pre-show panels) is that there is going to be a surprise Announcers Royal Rumble to determine who gets to call the main event of WrestleMania
Hidden text.
The winner will be former Sunday Night Heat announcer Shane McMahon.
As long as there’s a trophy for it it.

Maybe Shane O’Mac could take The Miz’s spot after he’s injured. (Miz being allowed entry seeing as he has probably done more guest commentary than any wrestler ever).
Have A Nice Day!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 25th, '19, 20:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 24th, '19, 10:47 So World War 3.
Not at all. Each commentary team is dedicated to one camera FEED each, switching audio tracks with camera cuts. They're all seated in the front row across from the hard cam so we can see them enjoy the hard hitting action. If anything it will simplify things and turn Dunn's already artfull presentation into weekly masterpieces.
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 25th, '19, 13:46 there is going to be a surprise Announcers Royal Rumble to determine who gets to call the main event of WrestleMania
Surprise entrant CM Punk. He said he'd never WRESTLE for WWE again... publicly returning to make Corey Graves his bitch on the weekly, however Meltzer reports that while he still hates Hunter and the company, and he realizes how hypocritical he looks, it's all worth it as long as "Colt Cabana knows he's a failure" every Monday night.