WWE says John Cena 'questionable' for Royal Rumble

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Re: WWE says John Cena 'questionable' for Royal Rumble

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '19, 12:37

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 12:00
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 11:55
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 11:34 HEY IDIOTS! SHUT UP! They said it was "McIntyre that gave him an ankle lock.." On Raw! They played into his whole list of guys actually...so that makes this whole entire discussion pretty much irrelevant and unnecessary...
You're missing the point. The point is that they didn't tell us any of that- who injured Cena, how the injury happened, or even the fact that Cena was injured- on this week's TV show (and I'm pretty sure they didn't mention it last week, either). The debate in question is whether or not they needed to tell us this all on TV to ensure that the most possible people knew in order to ensure more honest advertising and/or to keep TV-only fans (if such people exist- I contend that they do while our fearless leader thinks they really don't) fully informed on the storylines.
Yes they did! Drew McIntyre gave him an ankle lock that messed up an old injury than he furtherly fucked it up in the past week in the gym. It was right in the middle of McIntyre and Rollins.
Well then they did a poor job of it if Cero, myself, and WON's reporter all missed it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 23rd, '19, 12:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 12:37
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 12:00
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 11:55

You're missing the point. The point is that they didn't tell us any of that- who injured Cena, how the injury happened, or even the fact that Cena was injured- on this week's TV show (and I'm pretty sure they didn't mention it last week, either). The debate in question is whether or not they needed to tell us this all on TV to ensure that the most possible people knew in order to ensure more honest advertising and/or to keep TV-only fans (if such people exist- I contend that they do while our fearless leader thinks they really don't) fully informed on the storylines.
Yes they did! Drew McIntyre gave him an ankle lock that messed up an old injury than he furtherly fucked it up in the past week in the gym. It was right in the middle of McIntyre and Rollins.
Well then they did a poor job of it if Cero, myself, and WON's reporter all missed it.
Or all of y'all just weren't payin' no got-dang attention. They even said "Kurt Angle. Dolph Ziggler. And now John Cena. "
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '19, 13:18

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 12:39

Or all of y'all just weren't payin' no got-dang attention. They even said "Kurt Angle. Dolph Ziggler. And now John Cena. "
can't pay attention on what i don't even watch

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 23rd, '19, 14:55

cero2k wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 13:18
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 12:39

can't pay attention on what i don't even watch
That's not what "B(elligerent) R(evolting) M(idget) said...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 23rd, '19, 16:34

So 16 posts arguing about this nonsense...when Cero didn't even watch said show and Brm just naturally missed the mention of said "problem", which in itself negates the whole entire thing.

Righteous.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '19, 17:00

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 16:34 So 16 posts arguing about this nonsense...when Cero didn't even watch said show and Brm just naturally missed the mention of said "problem", which in itself negates the whole entire thing.

Righteous.
A lot of people appeared to have missed it (including Meltzer, Alvarez, and Keller). Is it good that we all missed it? No. That's on us. But if we missed it then I'm sure a bunch of others did, too, which means that WWE failed at getting this important message out over the course of the show. This is not the sort of news that should only be mentioned once.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 23rd, '19, 19:33

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '19, 16:34 So 16 posts arguing about this nonsense...when Cero didn't even watch said show and Brm just naturally missed the mention of said "problem", which in itself negates the whole entire thing.

Righteous.
Well, I mean...

3 posts were yours, which turned it into three different conversations... we've argued much longer about much dumber stuff.

I'll chime in though, if they're trying to push McIntyre you'd think they'd give him credit for putting THE John Cena on the shelf in a way more than 1 out of 5 people would also give him credit for it.

You also watch the edited Hulu edit... there's a (good) chance they didn't mention it live, then added in the announcement after they realized people were wondering wtf was up with Cena. It wouldn't be the first time they edited commentary for the replay.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 27th, '19, 14:09

Just as an update... apparantly Braun Strowman is replacing Cena... as if they weren’t going to have him in the rumble anyway...
Have A Nice Day!