Full card set for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Full card set for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '18, 08:35

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | Dec 9, 2018 11:08 pm

The final card for Wrestle Kingdom 13 has been announced.

Along with other matches previously announced, three new title matches have been added to the show. Number one contender to the NEVER Openweight title Will Ospreay will challenge current champion Kota Ibushi.

The winners of this year’s World Tag League, EVIL and SANADA, will challenge champions the Guerrillas of Destiny. It will be a triple threat match, however as the Young Bucks have been added to the match. This comes following the end of the World Tag League where the Bucks came out and said that since they didn’t get a rematch after losing the titles to GD, they wanted the next shot. EVIL said they would be willing to take on both teams.

A United States title match has also been added, as Juice Robinson will challenge current champion Cody. It was Cody who defeated Juice for the title back at Fighting Spirit Unleashed in September.

The New Japan Rumble that has been featured in previous years has been shelved. Instead, a gauntlet match will take place during the pre-show with the winners becoming the number one contenders for the NEVER six man tag team titles.

Here is the full card for Wrestle Kingdom 13, taking place on January 4 inside the Tokyo Dome:

Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP title
Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental title
Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
KUSHIDA vs. Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Jr. title
Cody vs. Juice Robinson for the IWGP United States title
Guerrillas of Destiny vs. The Young Bucks vs. EVIL and SANADA for the IWGP tag team titles
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. for the British Heavyweight title
Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado vs. Roppongi 3K vs. BUSHI and Shingo Takagi for the IWGP Jr. tag team titles
Kota Ibushi vs. Will Ospreay for the NEVER Openweight title
Pre-Show: A gauntlet match to determine #1 contenders for NEVER six man titles
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Full card set for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '18, 08:36

Fortunately they seem to be following the example they set at Dominion and only including matches that actually matter instead of wasting time on the main show with pointless bullsh*t on the undercard.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '18, 09:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 10th, '18, 08:36 Fortunately they seem to be following the example they set at Dominion and only including matches that actually matter instead of wasting time on the main show with pointless bullsh*t on the undercard.
it's a pretty packed show already, i'm surprised they're not taking the trios titles from BC on the road to shows and making the match. I'm not mad tho.

I'm surprised that the ROH title won't make it to the show, that tells me Cody is winning it

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '18, 09:45

cero2k wrote: Dec 10th, '18, 09:09
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 10th, '18, 08:36 Fortunately they seem to be following the example they set at Dominion and only including matches that actually matter instead of wasting time on the main show with pointless bullsh*t on the undercard.
it's a pretty packed show already, i'm surprised they're not taking the trios titles from BC on the road to shows and making the match. I'm not mad tho.

I'm surprised that the ROH title won't make it to the show, that tells me Cody is winning it
It's not there because there is no space. And Cody isn't winning anything. He's going in for knee surgery afterwards, remember?

Doing the six-man #1 contendership gauntlet tonight is a much better way to go. They can change the belts as the main event of New Year Dash.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '18, 11:17

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 10th, '18, 09:45
It's not there because there is no space. And Cody isn't winning anything. He's going in for knee surgery afterwards, remember?

Doing the six-man #1 contendership gauntlet tonight is a much better way to go. They can change the belts as the main event of New Year Dash.
i don't believe anything anymore. But I do like how the card came out.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '18, 13:40

I do have to say, kinda sad that Suzuki will be on the dark match. It's actually surprising that a bunch of guys like Goto, Suzuki, Scurll, Fale will all be on the dark match