Brody King Signs with ROH

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Brody King Signs with ROH

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '18, 15:48

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | Dec 1, 2018 10:38 am

Brody King is headed to Ring of Honor.

Dave Meltzer has confirmed that King is headed to the promotion. King has pulled out of all future dates with Major League Wrestling.

King has gained traction over the last year as an independent name. He has was branched out across the United States any beyond, working for AAW, Defy, Progress, WWN, GCW, PWG, The Crash and AAA. He is the current AAW champion.

Originally trained at the Santino Bros. Wrestling Academy, Brody King made his debut in 2015. He’s worked in the Southern California indy scene extensively, making his PWG debut at Neon Knights this fast February. He lost to Adam Brooks, but has competed regularly there since then, even challenging WALTER for the PWG title back in July.

The news of King’s signing comes as Pierre Carl Ouellet, or PCO, was also announced as heading to ROH. He too will be unable to fulfill remaining dates with MLW going forward.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Brody King Signs with ROH

Post by cero2k » Dec 1st, '18, 18:56

fuck yeah! kinda feels like roh is making some moves before nxt snatches more people

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '18, 19:34

cero2k wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 18:56 fuck yeah! kinda feels like roh is making some moves before nxt snatches more people
Word on the street is that it's being done because Omega, Bucks, Cody, Page, Kaz, Daniels, and Scorpio Sky (and also, I assume, Brandi) are all leaving. It's not WWE they're afraid of; it's AEW.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 1st, '18, 21:40

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 19:34
cero2k wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 18:56 fuck yeah! kinda feels like roh is making some moves before nxt snatches more people
Word on the street is that it's being done because Omega, Bucks, Cody, Page, Kaz, Daniels, and Scorpio Sky (and also, I assume, Brandi) are all leaving. It's not WWE they're afraid of; it's AEW.
didn't know about SCU. I think it's both at this point, hence all the signings we've seen in the last month or two. With PCO, there is no reason why they think they need to sign him, he's not likely to get signed by anyone nor he'll move tickets, but I think Brody King is someone worth something. I had heard that King was looked on during BOLA by WWE, but AEW does make a lot more sense right now that the news is out.

If the Elite leave come Final Battle and NJPW suddenly has a new option to play with the US, ROH's 2019 may be really really interesting.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '18, 21:46

cero2k wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 21:40
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 19:34
didn't know about SCU. I think it's both at this point, hence all the signings we've seen in the last month or two. With PCO, there is no reason why they think they need to sign him, he's not likely to get signed by anyone nor he'll move tickets, but I think Brody King is someone worth something. I had heard that King was looked on during BOLA by WWE, but AEW does make a lot more sense right now that the news is out.

If the Elite leave come Final Battle and NJPW suddenly has a new option to play with the US, ROH's 2019 may be really really interesting.
The big benefit that King has, IMO, it that he is that he is coming in as an indy name, but he isn't quite someone of any real size has ever run with before. He's isn't a former world champion- or even really main eventer- for EVOLVE or PWG or MLW or LU, or even CHIKARA or CZW. He is a guy with buzz, but he will still feel fresh and can almost feel like an ROH-made guy if they run with him.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation