PCO Signs with ROH

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

PCO Signs with ROH

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '18, 15:47

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

PCO (Carl Ouellet), who has built a second career as a monster powerhouse on the indies at the age of 50, is headed to ROH.

MLW confirmed that Ouellet left the promotion and would be unable to fulfill his remaining dates, saying he had the best offer of his career, which immediately led to speculation it was WWE. However, the offer came from ROH.

Ouellet's first career was as Carl Wallace in Puerto Rico, and then Pierre of the Quebecers tag team and finally Jean-Pierre Lafitte, a pirate, from 1987 to 2000, which included being a star in Puerto Rico, a tag team champion in WWF with Jacques Rougeau, and someone on the roster in WCW.

He bounced around the independent scene, mostly in Quebec, until announcing his retirement in 2011.

He returned in 2016 with a new gimmick as The French Frankenstein, PCO, and started generating buzz, particularly after a match with WALTER in New Orleans over WrestleMania weekend.

Also departing MLW for another offer was Brody King, who has also pulled out of all his dates with MLW.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: PCO Signs with ROH

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '18, 15:47

Well... it's better than old-ass Sandman or Hurricane.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 1st, '18, 17:14

Looked him up. Got dang. What's The Undertaker and Kane's excuse?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '18, 18:12

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 17:14 Looked him up. Got dang. What's The Undertaker and Kane's excuse?
Because unlike PCO, they were were working a full-time WWE schedule for the 2000-2010 decade, and even after that didn't take five years off to rest up from all of their injuries.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 1st, '18, 19:02

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 18:12
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 17:14 Looked him up. Got dang. What's The Undertaker and Kane's excuse?
Because unlike PCO, they were were working a full-time WWE schedule for the 2000-2010 decade, and even after that didn't take five years off to rest up from all of their injuries.
Kane has never had anywhere near the number of injuries as The Undertaker though.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '18, 19:35

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 19:02
Kane has never had anywhere near the number of injuries as The Undertaker though.
But he was working full time for over twenty straight years.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 1st, '18, 21:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 15:47 ...and someone on the roster in WCW.
I lol'd

I watched a doc about him on youtube that was pretty neat. His goal is to face 'Taker at 'Mania... which I thought was cute. Landing a contract with ROH was honestly more than I expected, so hats off to him!
I don't think Undie and Kane need an excuse, this PCO thing is truly phenomenal. For a guy his size to be doing the things he's doing at that age is a fluke.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 1st, '18, 21:16

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 19:35
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 19:02

But he was working full time for over twenty straight years.
Awh! Plenty of guys stay in tip-top shape for their entire lengthy careers. Plus, he's had A LOT of time off to transform his physique.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '18, 21:48

Bob-O wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 21:13
I don't think Undie and Kane need an excuse, this PCO thing is truly phenomenal. For a guy his size to be doing the things he's doing at that age is a fluke.
Don't be too impressed. I saw him almost die trying a moonsault in PWG.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 1st, '18, 22:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 21:48
I saw him almost die trying to moonsault in every match i've seen of him.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 1st, '18, 23:02

cero2k wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 22:07
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 21:48
I saw him almost die trying to moonsault in every match i've seen of him.
...and I'm pretty sure I saw The Undertaker get a concussion during his entrance at Crown Jewel, and people were clamoring "MOTN" watching four wrinkly old ass men move at a snail's pace falling all over each other in an attempt not to embarrass or hurt themselves more than they already had. "OH NO! Bob-O, NO! They told a great story!" No. no they didn't, they told the story of four men cashing in on a force-fed legacy and a return everyone wanted to see but didn't actually want to see happen irl, phoning it in because nobody expected a whole lot anyway, and most of them STILL got hurt.

I'll take PCO actually doing something over that BS. It's scary, it's a little sad... not 'Terry Funk' sad, but a little sad... but it's not BAD.

I just know I'm 10 years younger and not as fat as PCO and did a cartwheel a few days ago because my kids said I couldn't. I almost threw up and I think I pulled my groin, but I did the the damn thing... and they were impressed.

Lemme be impressed.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 1st, '18, 23:24

Bob-O wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 23:02
...and I'm pretty sure I saw The Undertaker get a concussion during his entrance at Crown Jewel, and people were clamoring "MOTN" watching four wrinkly old ass men move at a snail's pace falling all over each other in an attempt not to embarrass or hurt themselves more than they already had. "OH NO! Bob-O, NO! They told a great story!" No. no they didn't, they told the story of four men cashing in on a force-fed legacy and a return everyone wanted to see but didn't actually want to see happen irl, phoning it in because nobody expected a whole lot anyway, and most of them STILL got hurt.

I'll take PCO actually doing something over that BS. It's scary, it's a little sad... not 'Terry Funk' sad, but a little sad... but it's not BAD.

I just know I'm 10 years younger and not as fat as PCO and did a cartwheel a few days ago because my kids said I couldn't. I almost threw up and I think I pulled my groin, but I did the the damn thing... and they were impressed.

Lemme be impressed.
i wasn't saying it in a bad way, PCO is really impressive for what his whole package is, talk about a comeback story

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 2nd, '18, 08:30

cero2k wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 23:24 talk about a comeback story
Right!?

Do think that's a lot of the appeal though? Everyone loves a good comeback story...

I wonder if he wasn't a Quebecer, in great shape for his age, and a member of the WCW roster if anyone would be willing to turn their head for a kamikaze nobody guy well past his biological prime?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 2nd, '18, 10:40

Bob-O wrote: Dec 2nd, '18, 08:30
cero2k wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 23:24 talk about a comeback story
Right!?

Do think that's a lot of the appeal though? Everyone loves a good comeback story...

I wonder if he wasn't a Quebecer, in great shape for his age, and a member of the WCW roster if anyone would be willing to turn their head for a kamikaze nobody guy well past his biological prime?
I think that is part of the appeal, but not much, I don't think a lot of people know who he is until after being awed by him, there was an episode of Chris Jericho's Podcast were he's talking about him and he didn't even know it was Pierre.

I think the appeal is just the freak show that watching PCO is, he does garbage wrestling, crazy spots, he's a freak of a monster, he's probably even bigger than Big Poppa Pump at this point, and just that whole combination that attracts people. But yeah, i agree that if not for his past work, he'd be doing deathmatches in CZW or something along the lines, not being signed by ROH.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Dec 3rd, '18, 19:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 15:47 Well... it's better than old-ass Sandman or Hurricane.
Hurricane and Sandman aren't having supremely good matches with top, half-their-age European talent tho
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 4th, '18, 06:53

NWK2000 wrote: Dec 3rd, '18, 19:13
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 1st, '18, 15:47 Well... it's better than old-ass Sandman or Hurricane.
Hurricane and Sandman aren't having supremely good matches with top, half-their-age European talent tho
Which is why I'm saying it's better. But PCO has something of a limited shelf-life, and as Delirious' booking with guys like Bully Ray this year has shown, even if he has a good storyline idea for someone, his inability to use them in a productive manner on shows that don't directly advance that storyline can be very damaging.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation