David Arquette issues statement following LA Confidential

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

David Arquette issues statement following LA Confidential

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 19th, '18, 19:07

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | Nov 19, 2018 4:49 pm

David Arquette has issued a statement following a death match that left him injured during last week’s Joey Janela’s LA Confidential.

Arquette wrote a post on Twitter talking about what happened. He said that he got injured during the match because of his lack of experience.

“I knew it was violent and potentially bloody, but I truly did not know the extent of what I was participating in,” he wrote. “However, I take the responsibility for putting myself in that situation.”

He went on to say that he has been wrestling for the last six months as it is a passion of his.

“I also want to apologize to the professional wrestling world for any negative attention this might have brought forth over the weekend, and I have zero plans to be involved in a match like this again,” he continued. “I am looking forward to getting back to the ring, under much different circumstances - in the near future.”

Arquette was a replacement for Joey Ryan, who was scheduled to face Nick Gage for the GCW title. By the end of the match, Arquette was bloodied up, bleeding from his neck. The match ended awkwardly with Gage retaining the title as Arquette left the ring immediately after, holding his neck which later required stitches.

Another injury took place on the show as Marko Stunt broke his leg after banging it against a door that was propped up while taking a Canadian destroyer. He underwent successful surgery for the injury Sunday morning.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: David Arquette issues statement following LA Confidential

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 19th, '18, 19:08

Even more evidence that David Arquette is one hell of a classy guy.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 19th, '18, 20:02

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 19th, '18, 19:08 Even more evidence that David Arquette is one hell of a classy guy.
Arquette really really likes wrestling and is really really trying to do good for it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 19th, '18, 20:33

cero2k wrote: Nov 19th, '18, 20:02
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 19th, '18, 19:08 Even more evidence that David Arquette is one hell of a classy guy.
Arquette really really likes wrestling and is really really trying to do good for it.
Oh yeah. There is on reason for him to be wrestling at his age unless he really loves it, and he clearly does. I think in Death of WCW, Alvarez says that he argued against being given the title, and that he donated all of his pay for wrestling for WCW to the families of Owen, Droz, and a third guy who I'm forgetting.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 19th, '18, 21:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 19th, '18, 19:07 Another injury took place on the show as Marko Stunt broke his leg after banging it against a door that was propped up while taking a Canadian destroyer. He underwent successful surgery for the injury Sunday morning.
WTF is this? Did David Arquette get injured at a backyard event?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 19th, '18, 21:50

How do you hit your leg on a front-flip piledriver anyway?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 20th, '18, 00:40

Bob-O wrote: Nov 19th, '18, 21:20
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 19th, '18, 19:07 Another injury took place on the show as Marko Stunt broke his leg after banging it against a door that was propped up while taking a Canadian destroyer. He underwent successful surgery for the injury Sunday morning.
nah man, Game Changer Wrestling is, no joke, the hottest tickets going on right now, especially for WM season. As a super indie booker, Janela knows what to give to the fans

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 20th, '18, 11:04

cero2k wrote: Nov 20th, '18, 00:40
Bob-O wrote: Nov 19th, '18, 21:20
nah man, Game Changer Wrestling is, no joke, the hottest tickets going on right now, especially for WM season. As a super indie booker, Janela knows what to give to the fans
Right on. When I hear "propped up door", "broken leg", and "Canadian Destroyer" all in the same sentence, I'm not going to be surprised to also hear words like "roof", "trampoline", or "box spring".

Obviously, I didn't see the match, but when one is left bleeding from their neck so bad they need medical attention, is there a scenario where Arquette needs to accept blame? He's speaking the truth about being inexperienced, but an injury like that - in a match like that - could have just as easily been Joey Ryan getting his head chopped off.

"Naw, man... I'm perfectly safe with what I do. He was supposed to take that Super Nintendo shot to his head, but tried blocking it with his neck... he just doesn't know what he's doing in there..."