NJPW reveals participants for World Tag Leauge 2018

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

NJPW reveals participants for World Tag Leauge 2018

Post by cero2k » Nov 8th, '18, 09:04

Source: f4wonline.com

The lineup for this year’s World Tag League has been revealed.

No real surprises were announced for this year’s tournament -- save for the Young Bucks, anyone you’d think would be in here is, including current champions Guerrillas of Destiny. Like this year’s Super Jr. Tag League, this year’s tournament has no blocks and everyone will battle it out, with the top two teams with the most points facing off on 12/9 in Iwate.

A most interesting combination will be teaming during the tour as Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi are joining forces for a number of dates in six man and eight man tag bouts. The two have been teasing an alliance of sorts for the last few months.

Shows that will air live on New Japan World include 11/17 (opening day, CHAOS vs. LIJ ten man tag), 11/18 (Cobb & Elgin vs. SANADA & EVIL, will also air for free), 11/25 (SANADA & EVIL vs. Taichi & Sabre), 11/29 (Tanahashi/Okada/KUSHIDA vs. White/Fale/Ishimori), 11/30 (Tanahashi/Okada/KUSHIDA/Romero vs. White/Fale/Ishimori/Gedo), 12/2 (same as 11/30), 12/6 (same as the two prior shows), 12/7 (Yano & Ishii vs. Guerillas of Destiny) and 12/9 (finals). The first two shows and the last four shows on the tour will have English commentary. A full listing of matches can be found on New Japan’s website.

The list of tag teams for this year’s World Tag League are:

Togi Makabe & Toa Henare
Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
Ayato Yoshida & Shota Umino
Juice Robinson & David Finlay
Michael Elgin & Jeff Cobb
Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
Beretta & Chuckie T
Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi
Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi
EVIL & SANADA

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: NJPW reveals participants for World Tag Leauge 2018

Post by cero2k » Nov 8th, '18, 09:05

I may be skipping most of the tournament, except for those Yoshida/Umino matches, those guys are gonna go in there to try and prove themselves

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 8th, '18, 09:06

Makabe not teaming with Honma?

Also, I'm shocked they put Elgin and Cobb together after last year. If they're not cool with each other over what happened then you shouldn't put them together, and if they are cool with each other, you should put them against each other.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 8th, '18, 09:18

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 8th, '18, 09:06 Makabe not teaming with Honma?

Also, I'm shocked they put Elgin and Cobb together after last year. If they're not cool with each other over what happened then you shouldn't put them together, and if they are cool with each other, you should put them against each other.
judging how Honma looks on all his matches, i wouldn't push him to a RR tournament, have you noticed he still doesn't use half of his body?

And I agree about Elgin and Cobb. tbh, i had completely forgotten about Elgin, he was injured, right?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 8th, '18, 09:50

cero2k wrote: Nov 8th, '18, 09:18
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 8th, '18, 09:06 Makabe not teaming with Honma?

judging how Honma looks on all his matches, i wouldn't push him to a RR tournament, have you noticed he still doesn't use half of his body?
I honestly hadn't.
cero2k wrote: Nov 8th, '18, 09:18 And I agree about Elgin and Cobb. tbh, i had completely forgotten about Elgin, he was injured, right?
No idea, but I did notice he had been missing for a tour or two.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3