Partial card released for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Partial card released for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13

Post by cero2k » Nov 5th, '18, 08:14

Source: f4wonline.com

Wrestle Kingdom 13 is starting to shape up, with a number of high profile matches now confirmed for January 4.

In a press conference held this morning, New Japan announced that a singles match between Kazuchika Okada and Jay White will take place at the Tokyo Dome. White and Okada have been feuding for months, hitting a crescendo at Destruction when both White and Okada’s longtime manager Gedo turned on him. White issued the challenge to Okada a few days ago at Power Struggle.

Chris Jericho will also defend the Intercontinental title against Tetsuya Naito, who made the save for EVIL at Power Struggle after Jericho had successfully defended the title against him. Naito issued the challenge, but backstage following the event Jericho said he wouldn’t accept it. Apparently, the match was made anyway.

In the junior heavyweight division, it was made official that KUSHIDA will battle the Bullet Club’s Taiji Ishimori, who sent the message he wanted a shot after attacking KUSHIDA with a crutch at Power Struggle. And despite Roppongi 3K winning the Super Jr. tag league, the IWGP Jr. titles will still be defended in a triple threat match that will also include BUSHI & Shingo Takagi and champions Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Desperado.

Here are the list of matches announced so far for Wrestle Kingdom 13:

Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP title
Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental title
Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
KUSHIDA vs. Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Jr. title
El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Roppongi 3K vs. Shingo Takagi & BUSHI for the IWGP Jr. tag team titles

Big Red Machine

Re: Partial card released for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 5th, '18, 09:02

Way to make the JR. Tag League mean absolutely nothing, Gedo.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 5th, '18, 09:55

Speaking of all of this Jericho in Japan stuff...I read something a ways back that it really wasn't liked by Vince McMahon and others. Not sure about that, because I kinda wanna say they encouraged his freedom to come and go wherever...but what about that Chris Jericho and The Undertaker casket match/No it's Rusev and The Undertaker now...plus he was NOT at SD 1000...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 5th, '18, 10:50

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 5th, '18, 09:55 Speaking of all of this Jericho in Japan stuff...I read something a ways back that it really wasn't liked by Vince McMahon and others. Not sure about that, because I kinda wanna say they encouraged his freedom to come and go wherever...but what about that Chris Jericho and The Undertaker casket match/No it's Rusev and The Undertaker now...plus he was NOT at SD 1000...
i think at first he was ok with a one time thing, but then Jericho returned and won a title and became more of a thing in Japan and that's when Vince stopped liking it