WWE officially announces NXT UK TV show, premiere date

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE officially announces NXT UK TV show, premiere date

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 11th, '18, 20:06

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Oct 11, 2018 6:37 am

The long-discussed weekly NXT UK TV show is finally a reality and will launch next Wednesday, October 17th on WWE Network at 3 PM Eastern.

Nigel McGuinness and Vic Joseph will be the commentary team, British TV presenter Radzi Chinyanganya will be the backstage interviewer, Andy Shepherd is the ring announcer, and Johnny Saint is the on-screen general manager.

WWE has dipped their toe into the UK waters with several different specials and tapings and are holding two days of TV tapings this weekend in Plymouth, England at the Plymouth Pavilions.

It's been a bit of an arms race to make this happen as ITV relaunched their World of Sport wrestling product this year while other wrestling companies in the UK have continued to grow in popularity over the past few years.

The announcement was expected for this week as WWE is holding a week-long camp in London. There was some thought that BT Sport might have been a local home for the product, but no local TV partner was announced.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: WWE officially announces NXT UK TV show, premiere date

Post by XIV » Oct 12th, '18, 04:58

I'm excited. Whilst I know he'll be overseeing it and will have final say on what's happening... Triple H cannot run this every week... neither can Vince... so it will be interesting to know who is being used as the person running it behind the scenes.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 12th, '18, 09:18

XIV wrote: Oct 12th, '18, 04:58 I'm excited. Whilst I know he'll be overseeing it and will have final say on what's happening... Triple H cannot run this every week... neither can Vince... so it will be interesting to know who is being used as the person running it behind the scenes.
a few weeks ago it was reported that the PROGRESS crew are going to be overseeing it, but that just may be the live aspect logistics

XIV

Post by XIV » Oct 18th, '18, 10:51

cero2k wrote: Oct 12th, '18, 09:18
XIV wrote: Oct 12th, '18, 04:58 I'm excited. Whilst I know he'll be overseeing it and will have final say on what's happening... Triple H cannot run this every week... neither can Vince... so it will be interesting to know who is being used as the person running it behind the scenes.
a few weeks ago it was reported that the PROGRESS crew are going to be overseeing it, but that just may be the live aspect logistics
Have A Nice Day!