NJPW reveals full card for King of Pro Wrestling

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

NJPW reveals full card for King of Pro Wrestling

Post by cero2k » Oct 1st, '18, 23:51

Source: f4wonline.com

The full card has been released for next week’s King of Pro Wrestling.

As expected, the main event will feature Kenny Omega defending the IWGP title in a triple threat match against Cody and Kota Ibushi, which was set up this past Sunday at Fighting Spirit Unleashed. In the co-main event, Hiroshi Tanahashi will defend his WrestleKingdom 13 briefcase against Jay White.

The finals of the Jr. heavyweight title tournament will have KUSHIDA taking on Marty Scurll for the vacant IWGP Jr. title. The Jr. tag team titles will be on the line, as champions Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru will defend against Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask in the opening contest.

Meanwhile, a new member of Los Ingobernables de Japon will make their debut at the show, after a YouTube video featuring LIJ indicated that they would be bringing in a new pareja. The mystery partner will team with Naito, SANADA and BUSHI in an eight man tag against CHAOS.

A special singles match between EVIL and Zack Sabre Jr. has been set after Sabre has repeatedly gotten the better of EVIL on a number of occasions during recent tours. Another eight man tag will also go down, pitting members of the Bullet Club against the Bullet Club OG’s.

Here is the full card for King of Pro Wrestling, which will take place next Monday at Sumo Hall:

Kenny Omega vs. Cody vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP title
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White for Tanahashi’s WrestleKingdom 13 title shot briefcase
KUSHIDA vs. Marty Scurll for the IWGP Jr. title
EVIL vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano and Roppongi 3K vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, BUSHI and a mystery partner
Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto and Will Ospreay vs. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi and Takashi Iizuka
The Young Bucks, Hangman Page and Chase Owens vs. Guerillas of Destiny, Bad Luck Fale and Taiji Ishimori
Togi Makabe and Tomoak Honma vs. Juice Robinson and Toa Henare
Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask for the IWGP Jr. tag team titles

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: NJPW reveals full card for King of Pro Wrestling

Post by cero2k » Oct 1st, '18, 23:52

cero2k wrote: Oct 1st, '18, 23:51
Meanwhile, a new member of Los Ingobernables de Japon will make their debut at the show, after a YouTube video featuring LIJ indicated that they would be bringing in a new pareja. The mystery partner will team with Naito, SANADA and BUSHI in an eight man tag against CHAOS.
all rumors have been pointing to PAC or Shingo, but now with that 'pareja' and match format, i'm leaning more towards a Jr. Heavyweight. Maybe there's a swerve and they bring a Mexican.

i wish all commercials were like this

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 2nd, '18, 09:15

Update and Dragon Gate Spoiler
Hidden text.
PAC returned to DG last night

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 4th, '18, 02:18

cero2k wrote: Oct 1st, '18, 23:52
cero2k wrote: Oct 1st, '18, 23:51
all rumors have been pointing to PAC or Shingo, but now with that 'pareja' and match format, i'm leaning more towards a Jr. Heavyweight. Maybe there's a swerve and they bring a Mexican.
Shingo seems like the best choice if you want to make a splash, but I could definitely see it being a Luchador. Does Dragon Lee have any major rivals in Mexico?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 4th, '18, 09:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 4th, '18, 02:18

Shingo seems like the best choice if you want to make a splash, but I could definitely see it being a Luchador. Does Dragon Lee have any major rivals in Mexico?
the usual heels, his biggest rival was arguably Ingobernable's La Mascara, but he's gone from CMLL. I have heard the rumor of Dragon Lee since he has that huge connection with Hiromu. I'd be down for Hiromu and Lee teaming when Hiromu comes back. I've also been hearing that it could be Kawato, but I think it's too soon for him.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 4th, '18, 09:16

cero2k wrote: Oct 4th, '18, 09:04

the usual heels, his biggest rival was arguably Ingobernable's La Mascara, but he's gone from CMLL. I have heard the rumor of Dragon Lee since he has that huge connection with Hiromu. I'd be down for Hiromu and Lee teaming when Hiromu comes back. I've also been hearing that it could be Kawato, but I think it's too soon for him.
Has Kawato even gone on excursion yet?

I was thinking about Dragon Lee and there are some interesting possibilities there, depending on how they want to play the whole Hiromu thing. They could go the whole "forgiveness and acceptance" route and have him get along with everyone and eventually lead to him and Hiromu winning the tag belts when Hiromu comes back, or they could have BUSHI and someone else (probably Sanada) be upset with Naito for bringing in the guy who hurt Hiromu and turn BUSHI and Sanada heel on the rest of the group, or they could have everyone accept Dragon Lee but then have Hiromu get pissed about it and either turn Hiromu heel or turn all of LIJ heel and have Hiromu be the babyface. I'm not sure which route is best, but it's probably one that has Hiromu as a babyface.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 4th, '18, 10:12

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 4th, '18, 09:16
cero2k wrote: Oct 4th, '18, 09:04

Has Kawato even gone on excursion yet?

I was thinking about Dragon Lee and there are some interesting possibilities there, depending on how they want to play the whole Hiromu thing. They could go the whole "forgiveness and acceptance" route and have him get along with everyone and eventually lead to him and Hiromu winning the tag belts when Hiromu comes back, or they could have BUSHI and someone else (probably Sanada) be upset with Naito for bringing in the guy who hurt Hiromu and turn BUSHI and Sanada heel on the rest of the group, or they could have everyone accept Dragon Lee but then have Hiromu get pissed about it and either turn Hiromu heel or turn all of LIJ heel and have Hiromu be the babyface. I'm not sure which route is best, but it's probably one that has Hiromu as a babyface.
yeah, he left after New Year's Dash. He's blonde now