Cody's first NWA title defense set for ROH TV tapings

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Cody's first NWA title defense set for ROH TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Sep 17th, '18, 10:38

Source: f4wonline.com

Cody Rhodes' first NWA title defense will be taking place in Ring of Honor.

While appearing for Championship Wrestling from Hollywood yesterday, Cody announced that he'll be defending the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship against Willie Mack at ROH's television tapings in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 29.

The Orleans Arena in Las Vegas will host ROH's Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on September 28 and the next day's post-PPV tapings.

Cody won the NWA title from Nick Aldis at All In earlier this month, and Aldis will be getting his rematch in the main event of the NWA's 70th Anniversary Show in Nashville, Tennessee on October 21. Aldis defeated Doug Williams at Wrestling MediaCon in Manchester, England on September 9 to be confirmed as Cody's challenger for the Anniversary event.

The NWA title was last defended in ROH during the build to All In, with Aldis retaining against Flip Gordon in July.

Big Red Machine

Re: Cody's first NWA title defense set for ROH TV tapings

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 17th, '18, 22:38

A match where no one thinks Cody has a snowball's chance of losing and where the challenger hasn't done jack sh*t to earn the title shot, and doesn't even work in ROH so the viewing audience doesn't have one solitary reason to care about him. How exciting.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '18, 07:42

Have you ever seen Mack vs Cody before?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 18th, '18, 11:29

cero2k wrote: Sep 18th, '18, 07:42 Have you ever seen Mack vs Cody before?
I don't think so, but it doesn't sound in any way exciting, either. This is not Danielson vs. Cole or HBK vs. AJ or even Jay Lethal vs. Will Ospreay. It's not even Brock vs. Batista. It's a match pitting one midcarder vs. another glorified midcarder (at least in terms of the way he works his matches on the indies) against each other in a match with no build and where the outcome is never in doubt, which exists simply for the sake of having a title defense on TV and having a title defense on Cody's record before he drops the belt back to Aldis, in a frankly pathetic attempt to disguise the fact that Cody's title win was nothing but a publicity grab for Corgan and a vanity moment for Cody.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '18, 12:03

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 18th, '18, 11:29 I don't think so, but it doesn't sound in any way exciting, either. This is not Danielson vs. Cole or HBK vs. AJ or even Jay Lethal vs. Will Ospreay. It's not even Brock vs. Batista. It's a match pitting one midcarder vs. another glorified midcarder (at least in terms of the way he works his matches on the indies) against each other in a match with no build and where the outcome is never in doubt, which exists simply for the sake of having a title defense on TV and having a title defense on Cody's record before he drops the belt back to Aldis, in a frankly pathetic attempt to disguise the fact that Cody's title win was nothing but a publicity grab for Corgan and a vanity moment for Cody.
and that's ok, you won't watch it. Some people i imagine are interested in seeing Mack in ROH. I'm interested in seeing because i've never seem them fight and I like both guys enough to care. I don't really need to believe Mack has a chance in winning to enjoy the action.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 18th, '18, 13:22

cero2k wrote: Sep 18th, '18, 12:03
Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 18th, '18, 11:29 I don't think so, but it doesn't sound in any way exciting, either. This is not Danielson vs. Cole or HBK vs. AJ or even Jay Lethal vs. Will Ospreay. It's not even Brock vs. Batista. It's a match pitting one midcarder vs. another glorified midcarder (at least in terms of the way he works his matches on the indies) against each other in a match with no build and where the outcome is never in doubt, which exists simply for the sake of having a title defense on TV and having a title defense on Cody's record before he drops the belt back to Aldis, in a frankly pathetic attempt to disguise the fact that Cody's title win was nothing but a publicity grab for Corgan and a vanity moment for Cody.
and that's ok, you won't watch it. Some people i imagine are interested in seeing Mack in ROH. I'm interested in seeing because i've never seem them fight and I like both guys enough to care. I don't really need to believe Mack has a chance in winning to enjoy the action.
I'm not saying I won't enjoy the action. I'm saying it's not something ROH should be doing because there are many more valuable things they could be doing with that time.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation