Matt Hardy: 'It's time for me to go home'

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Matt Hardy: 'It's time for me to go home'

Post by cero2k » Sep 17th, '18, 10:37

Source: f4wonline.com

Matt Hardy is teasing retirement, saying he has fulfilled all of his house show obligations.

In a video posted on his YouTube account last night that was later put on WWE’s website, Hardy talked about his recent success since returning to the WWE. He later went on to say that last night at Corpus Christi, TX was his last house show obligation with the WWE and, while never say never, was likely the last time anyone would see Woken Matt Hardy in a WWE ring.

When someone off camera asked Matt what was next, he replied “I have two young kids and a wife...it’s time for me to go. Time for me to go home.”

Matt’s final match for now was a triple threat tag team match, teaming with Bray Wyatt in a losing effort against The B-Team and Raw tag team champions Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre.

The Hardy Boyz made their return to WWE at WrestleMania 33, competing in a four-way ladder match and winning the Raw tag team titles. After Jeff Hardy tore a rotator cuff later in the year, Hardy reverted to his “Woken” gimmick that he had used before returning to WWE, feuding and eventually teaming with Bray Wyatt.

XIV

Re: Matt Hardy: 'It's time for me to go home'

Post by XIV » Sep 18th, '18, 11:54

Sad way for him to retire if that’s what he wants. A hardy vs hardy feud culminating at RR or WM would have been better.

Matt is known for building good matches. So probably a producer’s job awaits.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 18th, '18, 12:58

Is it that out of the realm of possibility to see Brother Nero arrive then Matt just strictly manages him at some point?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '18, 13:08

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 18th, '18, 12:58 Is it that out of the realm of possibility to see Brother Nero arrive then Matt just strictly manages him at some point?
i don't think at this point WWE is interested in Brother Nero at all.

I do wonder however if Matt getting into the WWE schedule is what pushed him into a faster retirement. Or maybe he saw it coming and wanted in on WWE before he did it to assure he had that post-wrestler career