Tessa Blanchard signs with Women of Wrestling, set for AXS TV tapings

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Tessa Blanchard signs with Women of Wrestling, set for AXS TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Sep 5th, '18, 12:12

Source: f4wonline.com

Tessa Blanchard has signed with Women of Wrestling and is set for the promotion's first television tapings for AXS TV next month.

Blanchard will challenge reigning champion Santana Garrett for the the WOW World Championship at the tapings. Blanchard is also working as a trainer at WOW's Training Center in Southern California.

The first set of WOW tapings for AXS will take place at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles on October 10 and October 11. WOW will begin airing weekly on AXS in January 2019.

“Knowing the expectations of our WOW fans to see the best in women’s professional wrestling, we are elated to sign Tessa Blanchard,” Women of Wrestling owner Jeanie Buss said in a press release. “Tessa enhances and elevates our athletic roster of talent beyond measure and we can hardly wait to showcase her skills in the series set to broadcast on Mark Cuban’s AXS TV.”

Blanchard will be wrestling for WOW while also being part of Impact Wrestling, where she is the current Knockouts Champion.

“I am grateful to both Impact Wrestling and the WOW executives for working out the details to allow me to pursue my dream of competing at the highest levels within our industry,” Blanchard said in the press release. “The success I’ve experienced in the past month in winning the Impact Championship, winning in Chicago at the ‘All In’ event in front of over 10,000 people, and now signing with WOW is what dreams are made of. My next dream to come true that will top off my year’s success will be when I beat Santana Garrett to win the WOW World Championship.”

The Women of Wrestling promotion is owned by Buss (the owner of the Los Angeles Lakers), with Mark Burnett and David McLane as partners. Burnett is the chairman of the MGM Worldwide Television Group, while McLane is most notable for developing the original GLOW series. WOW originally aired for one season as a syndicated show in 2000-2001, but was revived in 2012 and has been running shows in the Los Angeles area since then.