Hulk Hogan reinstated into WWE Hall of Fame

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Hulk Hogan reinstated into WWE Hall of Fame

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 15th, '18, 13:51

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Jul 15, 2018 12:36 pm

It appears Hulk Hogan's return to WWE could be hours away.

WWE sent out a release today saying that Hogan has been reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame: "After a three-year suspension, Hulk Hogan has been reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame. This second chance follows Hogan's numerous public apologies and volunteering to work with young people where he is helping them learn from his mistake. These efforts led to a recent induction into the Boys & Girls Club of America Alumni Hall of Fame.

A photo of Hogan and Jimmy Hart at the Cleveland airport surfaced yesterday which started speculation Hogan would be appearing at tonight's Extreme Rules pay-per-view. The show is in Pittsburgh, but him flying into Cleveland was likely to make sure fans staking out the Pittsburgh airport didn't see him.

PWInsider reported that the two were in Cleveland and noted the proximity to Pittsburgh and a WWE source informed us that Hogan was back, without elaborating on anything else.

Hogan was fired from WWE and removed from their Hall of Fame in July 2015 when a racist rant where he used the n-word multiple times was made public.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Hulk Hogan reinstated into WWE Hall of Fame

Post by cero2k » Jul 15th, '18, 16:18

I'm ready for Hulkamania to run wild again. Hulk Hogan vs Velveteen Dream for Wrestlemania!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 15th, '18, 16:59

cero2k wrote: Jul 15th, '18, 16:18 Hulk Hogan vs Velveteen Dream for Wrestlemania!
I was about to post something about how I have no interest in seeing Hogan on TV in any capacity ever again, but I would actually love to see this. TVD is the only guy they have in the company who could possibly make anything with Hogan work.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 15th, '18, 19:00

Hawk Hogan?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 15th, '18, 20:02

work with young people where he is helping them learn from his mistake
IDK about you guys, but I read this as he is aplogizing for getting caught on video, not for saying racist shit

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 15th, '18, 21:07

Yeah, THAT was his mistake lol.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 16th, '18, 11:55

"Suspended for 3 years from the hall of fame" lol if that's the most ridiculous obnoxious shit I've heard of...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 16th, '18, 11:59

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 16th, '18, 11:55 "Suspended for 3 years from the hall of fame" lol if that's the most ridiculous obnoxious shit I've heard of...
right? i didn't know you could be suspended from the Hall of Fame, like do they get checks just for being part of the HoF?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 16th, '18, 16:24

cero2k wrote: Jul 16th, '18, 11:59
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 16th, '18, 11:55 "Suspended for 3 years from the hall of fame" lol if that's the most ridiculous obnoxious shit I've heard of...
right? i didn't know you could be suspended from the Hall of Fame, like do they get checks just for being part of the HoF?
Not saying it's not ridiculous, but I would assume that everyone in the HOF is on a legends deal, so they do get checks. Plus, if WWE isn't purposely not selling his merch or DVDs involving him, then he gets no merch or royalties money.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 16th, '18, 18:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 16th, '18, 16:24
cero2k wrote: Jul 16th, '18, 11:59
Not saying it's not ridiculous, but I would assume that everyone in the HOF is on a legends deal, so they do get checks. Plus, if WWE isn't purposely not selling his merch or DVDs involving him, then he gets no merch or royalties money.
And here's THIS guy, right on schedule lol.

Again..."suspended from the hof for 3 years..."?

Well....

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 17th, '18, 00:22

Going back to the Fabulous Mulah thing at Wrestlemania, they're all human trash when the lights are off. All of them. Vince himself has been quoted as saying some pretty messed up shit. Triple H got Randy Savage's sloppy seconds, Jerry Lawler is a homophobe, Good Ol' JR is a sexist among other things... Chris Benoit is a "murderer"... Sunny was allegedly unloyal to her HUSBAND... a lot... right in front of him... Rob Van Dam SMOKES POT!... Matt Sydal smokes weird stuff he finds for $14.99 behind the counter at truck stops...

My point being, again, it's a carny business. To be shocked and appalled by the behavior when it comes to light is to be expected, but to pretend like everybody besides Molly Holly isn't human filth is just wearing blinders.

In case anyone needs reminded, this is what Hogan said 3 years ago that got him in all the trouble...
Hidden text.
“I don’t know if Brooke was f*cking the black guy’s son…I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*cking n*ggers. But then when it comes to nice people and sh*t, and whatever….I mean, I’d rather if she was going to f*ck some n*gger, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n*gger worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!

I guess we’re all a little racist. Fucking n*gger.”
As much as I think these guys should be honored for what they did for wrestling, in full knowledge that they're pieces of human excrement, I can't let this one go. To come back, have WWE go WAAAAAY out of their way to bring him in and give a big speech about not getting caught... motherfu*ker... you GOT CAUGHT! Nevermind all the stuff with his kid killing that other kid, or the stuff with Bubba's wife... the lesson is watch what you say because there's cameras everywhere!? Why? Because you might lose everything for three years?

Ultimately, the frustrating thing is that they DON'T NEED him. He's proven, time and time again, that he's more trouble than he's worth. I think they were wrong with Mulah, I think they were right with all the other products of their generations and the business for what it was, but here? With Hogan? Absolutely not, you don't get to be that shitty without consequence because you were the second or third guy to slam Andre. They had it right and they blew it.