Kaitlyn returning to WWE for this year's Mae Young Classic

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Kaitlyn returning to WWE for this year's Mae Young Classic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '18, 13:26

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jul 11, 2018 10:00 am

The first entrant has been confirmed for this summer's Mae Young Classic.

WWE announced via ESPN.com today that former Divas Champion Kaitlyn (real name Celeste Bonin), who was previously with the company from 2010-2014, will be taking part in the tournament. She retired in 2014 to focus on her fitness apparel business and marriage but returned to the ring this February for Coastal Championship Wrestling.

"Since I came back, I had the opportunity to work backward and really nail down the fundamentals and the basics -- things that I really lacked during my first run with the WWE," Bonin told ESPN. "Now I am bringing these newly honed and developed skills that I have acquired recently and I am combining that with my fearless attitude. And because I don't have this rookie vibe about me, now I can really concentrate on surprising the WWE universe with all the things I have learned."

Dave Meltzer reported last month that Bonin was backstage at the set of NXT television tapings that took place on June 21 and that there was talk of her returning.

Bonin has a YouTube channel where she's documented her return to the ring, her life after getting divorced, and overcoming addiction issues after getting addicted to what she described as a legal research chemical.

This year's Mae Young Classic will be taped at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida on August 8 and 9. There will be 32 wrestlers in the tournament.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Re: Kaitlyn returning to WWE for this year's Mae Young Classic

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 12th, '18, 09:11

Good for her getting her life on track!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 12th, '18, 10:39

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 12th, '18, 09:11 Good for her getting her life on track!
Yes. This seems like exactly the time of story WWE wants, and if she can actually work now, she'd bring someone different to the division by being a woman who is big in the clearly-muscly way, as opposed to the Nia Jax way where her offense always looks totally awkward as a babyface.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 12th, '18, 11:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 12th, '18, 10:39
Yes. This seems like exactly the time of story WWE wants, and if she can actually work now, she'd bring someone different to the division by being a woman who is big in the clearly-muscly way, as opposed to the Nia Jax way where her offense always looks totally awkward as a babyface.
Her offence looks awkward all the time because she can’t do anything. I’ve seen her work live and honestly... she’s terrible. I want to like her for all the body positivity stuff they’re doing, but she legit can’t wrestle. It’s kind of sad.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 12th, '18, 11:37

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 12th, '18, 11:26
Her offence looks awkward all the time because she can’t do anything. I’ve seen her work live and honestly... she’s terrible. I want to like her for all the body positivity stuff they’re doing, but she legit can’t wrestle. It’s kind of sad.
Apparently she want back to wrestling school (and a not a Johnny Ace Era, WWE one this time), so I assume she has improved a bit.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 12th, '18, 14:25

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 12th, '18, 11:37

Apparently she want back to wrestling school (and a not a Johnny Ace Era, WWE one this time), so I assume she has improved a bit.
I meant Nia Jax :P I've never seen Kaitlyn live

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 12th, '18, 17:18

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 12th, '18, 14:25
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 12th, '18, 11:37
I meant Nia Jax :P I've never seen Kaitlyn live
Oh. LOL.
Nia being a former model makes the body positivity stuff slightly harder for me to get behind coming from her, and the forced way they did it totally killed it for me.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 12th, '18, 20:16

Nia Jax. The crock's cousin. What else do you need? Lol
When they come, they'll come at what you love.