WWE Reportedly Uses Discretion When Drug Testing For One Off Appearances

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

WWE Reportedly Uses Discretion When Drug Testing For One Off Appearances

Post by Bob-O » Jul 1st, '18, 10:47

Source: 411 Mania

PWInsider (via Ringside News) reports that WWE reportedly does not test superstars making one-off appearances for the company in their drug testing program. Full-time superstars are generally tested regularly, but those showing up for one-shot deals are not. WWE has been praised in the past for its strict policy, with suspensions for superstars that test positive for a banned substance.

For example, Hurricane Helms was not tested before his quick appearance at the 2018 Royal Rumble. WWE’s wellness tests and medical exams are typically done when the WWE plans to sign someone to a full-time in-ring performer contract. If WWE chose to sign someone to a one-year deal, they would be sent to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for complete medical testing before they compete. However, Mike Johnson suggested that if a performer had a history of failing drug tests or substance abuse issues, they would be tested even if they were only there for a one-off

Bob-O

Re: WWE Reportedly Uses Discretion When Drug Testing For One Off Appearances

Post by Bob-O » Jul 1st, '18, 10:49

I'd never really thought about it, but it makes sense. The tests aren't free, for somebody that's going to be gone tomorrow, why spend the money unless you think you think you might find something?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 1st, '18, 11:19

Yeah...say Santino Marella shows up to get thrown out the rumble in 3 seconds and leaves...drug test? Uuuuhhh no lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 1st, '18, 18:07

I wonder if Lesnar's appearances are Soo sporadic that he only gets tested for WM season

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 1st, '18, 18:45

cero2k wrote: Jul 1st, '18, 18:07 I wonder if Lesnar's appearances are Soo sporadic that he only gets tested for WM season
I figure he's legit tested simply because he's under contract rather than it being one-offs.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 1st, '18, 22:30

Haha! That'd be the icing on the cake though, wouldn't it? If the Universal Heavyweight Champion's appearances were considered "one-off's" to avoid piss tests. Maybe they know they'll find PED's, which is why they never call him. He could have 25 dates left on that contract for all we know...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 1st, '18, 23:19

Bob-O wrote: Jul 1st, '18, 22:30 Haha! That'd be the icing on the cake though, wouldn't it? If the Universal Heavyweight Champion's appearances were considered "one-off's" to avoid piss tests. Maybe they know they'll find PED's, which is why they never call him. He could have 25 dates left on that contract for all we know...
Don't be surprised, he's been putting off entering the USADA test pool for some reason while trying to get a match before years end

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 2nd, '18, 00:51

I couldn't imagine what he'd be doing illegally. He has nowhere the size and definition he once did. At this point, he's just slightly in shape and husky lol. He's really let himself go.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 2nd, '18, 08:51

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 2nd, '18, 00:51 I couldn't imagine what he'd be doing illegally. He has nowhere the size and definition he once did. At this point, he's just slightly in shape and husky lol. He's really let himself go.
doesn't have to be illegal, just something that is flagged by USADA. Those things you can buy over the counter sometimes.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 2nd, '18, 08:52

cero2k wrote: Jul 2nd, '18, 08:51
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 2nd, '18, 00:51 I couldn't imagine what he'd be doing illegally. He has nowhere the size and definition he once did. At this point, he's just slightly in shape and husky lol. He's really let himself go.
doesn't have to be illegal, just something that is flagged by USADA. Those things you can buy over the counter sometimes.
Yeah I meant illegal within the rules lol. He's not in killer shape so Idk. Maybe just performance enhancer lol.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 2nd, '18, 09:36

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 2nd, '18, 08:52
Yeah I meant illegal within the rules lol. He's not in killer shape so Idk. Maybe just performance enhancer lol.
pretty much
The Nevada State Athletic Commission revealed during a hearing on Tuesday that Lesnar tested positive for clomiphene and hydroxy-clomiphene, which is a metabolite of chomiphene. Clomiphene is an anti-estrogen agent that is typically used after a cycle of steroids to prevent many of the side effects that come along with the performance-enhancing drug.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 2nd, '18, 11:17

Part of me doesn't understand why they think he's so above and beyond out of everyone's league. Yes there's the obvious character and background...but this is professional combat...every one should have that background. All the shit they have Strowman doing including freakish feats to Lesnar...but you mean to tell me he's STILL supposed to be THAT much better and above him?

No lol.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 2nd, '18, 13:14

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 2nd, '18, 11:17 Part of me doesn't understand why they think he's so above and beyond out of everyone's league. Yes there's the obvious character and background...but this is professional combat...every one should have that background. All the shit they have Strowman doing including freakish feats to Lesnar...but you mean to tell me he's STILL supposed to be THAT much better and above him?

No lol.
that's a knock on creative, he's the only one that carries himself as a legit badass. Strowman can do as many strength features he wants, but as soon as he starts doing jokes, tagging with kids, and being friendly, he loses that aura of 'monster'

Compare him to Samoa Joe and Joe comes off as a bigger badass than most of the roster just for the way he carries himself.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 2nd, '18, 15:08

True. It really seems like they would just rather him be the total personality package as a character, instead of just a ruthless destroyer that he once was.