Sami Zayn tore both rotator cuffs, hopes to return in time for WM

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Sami Zayn tore both rotator cuffs, hopes to return in time for WM

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 22nd, '18, 00:44

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jun 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Sami Zayn just underwent surgery for a torn right rotator cuff, and he'll be having surgery on the left one in several weeks.

In an interview with WWE.com today, Zayn revealed that he'll be out of action for an extended period of time due to two torn rotator cuffs.

"Well, right now I’m in Birmingham, Ala. I just underwent surgery for my right shoulder, a.k.a. my good shoulder," Zayn said. "So, I’m out for a little while with that. I guess people don’t know about this injury; I’ve been working with it for some time. I don’t know exactly when I tore it. I think I tore it, or initially injured it, on a Montreal live event. Which is ironic because I injured my left shoulder -- now somewhat famously -- in Montreal in my [Raw] debut against John Cena. And at a live event this past August wrestling Jinder Mahal, I think I injured it then."

Zayn called his left shoulder his "bad" one due to past injuries and said it's never felt the same since hurting it on the Raw where he faced Cena in 2015. He doesn't know how long the left rotator cuff was torn for, but he had tests done to see if the right one was okay and the left turned out to be even worse.

Zayn said he'll be undergoing surgery on the left rotator cuff in about six or seven weeks. He mentioned that he'd love to be in the mix for WrestleMania season in 2019 and said he thinks he should be ready to return in time for 'Mania.

Before getting surgery, Zayn wrapped up his program with Bobby Lashley by losing to him at Money in the Bank this past Sunday.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Sami Zayn tore both rotator cuffs, hopes to return in time for WM

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 22nd, '18, 00:44

This poor guy can't catch a break.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Sami Zayn tore both rotator cuffs, hopes to return in time for WM

Post by XIV » Jun 22nd, '18, 07:57

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 22nd, '18, 00:44 This poor guy can't catch a break.
He catches a little spark, looks like he's gaining some direction and then bam shoulder injury. Just like 2015.
Have A Nice Day!