Women of Wrestling coming to AXS TV in 2019

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Women of Wrestling coming to AXS TV in 2019

Post by cero2k » Jun 18th, '18, 13:38

Source: f4wonline.com

AXS TV is adding a second wrestling promotion, and it couldn't be more different from the first.

The home of New Japan Pro Wrestling in the United States has made a deal with Jeanie Buss (the daughter of Jerry Buss), David McLane, and MGM Television and Mark Burnett, to air the new Women of Wrestling promotion which will start on the station in 2019.

Women of Wrestling is a remake of GLOW, which gained cult popularity in the 80s and had a nostalgia run based on the current Netflix television show based on that promotion and the period.

This will also be MGM Television's second foray into pro wrestling as they produce Lucha Underground.

AXS will produce and distribute the events, which they are describing as pro wrestling using major concert production.

"I knew of Jeanie's passion for elevating women's wrestling for several years, so when Mark Burnett told me what MGM Studios has planned for WOW, I decided to get involved," said AXS TV Chairman and CEO Mark Cuban. "AXS TV's long-term success inside the squared circle and broadcasting New Japan Pro Wrestling makes airing WOW a natural fit.

The first tapings are scheduled for the end of this year, and the television will start in early 2019.