Visa Issues Among Reasons The Authors Of Pain Have Been Missing From WWE

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

Visa Issues Among Reasons The Authors Of Pain Have Been Missing From WWE

Post by Bob-O » Jun 16th, '18, 08:25

Source: wrestlingnews.co

We haven’t seen much of The Authors Of Pain since they made their debut in April. The main speculation has been that WWE hasn’t found anything for them to do but it turns out that their absence has nothing to do with creative issues.

On the latest REWIND-A-SMACKDOWN podcast, John Pollock gave an update on why they have disappeared from live events and TV.

One of the members of the team had a visa issue but it has been cleared up so they can return to action. They could have been on Raw this week but there was no need for them to be there since they are focused on the B-Team vs. Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt feud and they are focusing on getting Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler over as a team, even though there have been subtle teases on them eventually breaking up.

WWE management doesn’t want AOP to be a team on the level of Heath Slater and Rhyno so they are going to bring them back when they have something good for them so they can get over.

On the Takeover: Chicago II conference call, Triple H said that it was not his call to remove Paul Ellering as their manager but he hopes to include Ellering in NXT again when the right opportunity comes along. Ellering is still listed on the WWE.com Superstars page.

KILLdozer

Re: Visa Issues Among Reasons The Authors Of Pain Have Been Missing From WWE

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 16th, '18, 09:46

Ellering could definitely be used for something with Nikki Cross. I'd say they'd be better against each other somehow.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 16th, '18, 13:46

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 16th, '18, 09:46 Ellering could definitely be used for something with Nikki Cross. I'd say they'd be better against each other somehow.
Shame he didn't have a daughter he could manage or something...

I was chatting the other day with somebody about how I thought Paul and Heel TM61 would be an interesting fit. Less "dark" Ellering and more ".com" Ellering, but just seeing him in the corner of those two would add volumes to their credibility instantly. He could just sit there and piss around on his phone and mumble to them the whole time, I don't care, it'd be great!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 17th, '18, 15:06

Bob-O wrote: Jun 16th, '18, 13:46
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 16th, '18, 09:46 Ellering could definitely be used for something with Nikki Cross. I'd say they'd be better against each other somehow.
Shame he didn't have a daughter he could manage or something...
They seem to have been purposely avoiding associating them together. I don't think she's actually been acknowledged as his daughter on screen (she's made I think all of her WWE appearances with the last name Evers, which is Lance Storm's shoot last name and Lance was her trainer), but that might just have been because they wanted to avoid the question of why he isn't managing her.

Bob-O wrote: Jun 16th, '18, 13:46 I was chatting the other day with somebody about how I thought Paul and Heel TM61 would be an interesting fit. Less "dark" Ellering and more ".com" Ellering, but just seeing him in the corner of those two would add volumes to their credibility instantly. He could just sit there and piss around on his phone and mumble to them the whole time, I don't care, it'd be great!
I really like the idea of Ellering managing TM61.

I think what I might do if I were them is to keep him off TV until AOP debut on the main roster, give AOP a few establishing TV wins, then have Ellering show up with War Machine to get revenge on him for dumping them. I think it would function kind of like the War Machine vs. Lee & Taylor feud did in ROH in 2016 and get everyone over by having these gigantic hoss fights with really athletic hosses all over the country.
(Not that War Machine weren't already over by 2016, but I think that feud with Lee & Taylor brought them to another level.)
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3