New WWE Trademark Indicates Moving Toward Tiered Pricing Plans For The Network

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

New WWE Trademark Indicates Moving Toward Tiered Pricing Plans For The Network

Post by Bob-O » Jun 16th, '18, 08:20

Source: wrestlingnews.co

WWE Network getting closer to tiered pricing plans?

Back in 2016, WWE sent out a survey to their mailing list to see if fans would be interested in price tiers for the WWE Network.

The idea was to have 4 pricing plans. The basic plan would include the 24/7 live stream but would be limited to 5 hours per month of on-demand content. Among other items, the second tier would only include the “big 4” pay-per-view events. The third tier would include everything fans get now but the fourth tier would include everything and fan perks and access to independent wrestling content. That plan would also be commerical free.

It looks like WWE is taking the next step with the tiered system because a trademark was filed on 6/7 for the following:

WWE VIP – “Television broadcasting services; cable television broadcasting services; satellite television broadcasting; communications services, namely, transmitting streamed sound and audio-visual recordings via the Internet, cable networks, wireless networks, satellite, interactive multimedia networks and mobile apps; audio and video broadcasting services over the Internet and mobile apps; transmission of information in the audio-visual field; mobile media services in the nature of electronic transmission of entertainment media content; podcasting services; webcasting services; subscription-based video streaming service; video-on-demand transmission services”

IPW: UK could be one of the first active wrestling promotions to go up on the network. It’s been rumored for a long time but it finally looks like we are getting closer to the goal.

For those of you wondering, here is what WWE pitched in the survey from 2016:

Plan 1 (Free)
Watch all video clips (clips are less than 5 minutes each)
Video archive (5 hours per month)
Access to 24/7 stream
Watch on all devices
Full commercials

Plan 2 ($4.99)
Watch “Big 4” Pay-Per-View events
NXT TV (pre-recorded)
Access to the video archive
Access to 24/7 live stream
Watch on phone and tablet only
Limited commercials

Plan 3 ($9.99)
Watch all pay-per-view events
Watch live NXT Takeover events
Weekly NXT TV (live)
Cruiserweight Classic episodes
Watch on all devices
Limited commercials

Plan 4 ($14.99)
Watch all pay-per-view events
Watch live NXT Takeover events
Weekly NXT TV (live)
Cruiserweight Classic episodes
Access to independent wrestling content (TNA and ROH were listed in the 2016 survey)
Watch on all devices
No commercials
Fan Perks
Deluxe Fan Perks

Basically, nothing will change for you if you enjoy the content you are already getting but if you want more wrestling from other promotions then you will have the chance to upgrade and you’ll get to see everything without commercials. The last we heard was that tiered pricing was still in the works and it looks like they have taken that next step with the trademark filing.

Serujuunin

Re: New WWE Trademark Indicates Moving Toward Tiered Pricing Plans For The Network

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 16th, '18, 09:59

My thing is...

Why are there commercials in a service I’m paying for?

Bob-O

Re: New WWE Trademark Indicates Moving Toward Tiered Pricing Plans For The Network

Post by Bob-O » Jun 16th, '18, 10:19

Serujuunin wrote: Jun 16th, '18, 09:59 My thing is...

I'll tolerate it, still less commercials than cable/satellite and way cheaper!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 17th, '18, 00:01

Bob-O wrote: Jun 16th, '18, 10:19
Serujuunin wrote: Jun 16th, '18, 09:59 My thing is...

I'll tolerate it, still less commercials than cable/satellite and way cheaper!
I don't watch tv. Everything I watch is recorded so I can at least fast forward the commercials lol. But Netflix doesn't have commercials does it? So why does this?

Iunno, I think it bothers me more than it should lol

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 17th, '18, 15:12

When they say "no commercials" does that mean no commercials from Snickers or whoever, or does that mean no commercials from WWE, either? Because while I don't want to see outside commercials, either, I find it most annoying when they interrupt matches on NXT or 205 Live to advertise the very service that I must be be paying for in order to be seeing their commercial, that really pisses me off.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 17th, '18, 21:13

Plan 1 seems like a good value to me, may finally get the Network. Between this and the other Pivotshare announcement, seems like some of my subscriptions will be changing soon

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 19th, '18, 07:25

I liked Tier 2 ($4.99) until I noticed it's "Mobile and Tablet only".

It includes the "Big 4", but I'm not trying to watch wrestling's biggest event of the year on the smallest screen I have...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 19th, '18, 09:54

Bob-O wrote: Jun 19th, '18, 07:25 I liked Tier 2 ($4.99) until I noticed it's "Mobile and Tablet only".

It includes the "Big 4", but I'm not trying to watch wrestling's biggest event of the year on the smallest screen I have...
couldn't people just broadcasts their tablet into a smart TV?

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 19th, '18, 17:27

cero2k wrote: Jun 19th, '18, 09:54
Bob-O wrote: Jun 19th, '18, 07:25 I liked Tier 2 ($4.99) until I noticed it's "Mobile and Tablet only".

couldn't people just broadcasts their tablet into a smart TV?
Maybe, maybe not. My Verizon phone plan comes with free NFL Network with the same "Mobile/Tablet" restrictions, and it blocks my ability to screen cast (I tried everything short of rooting my phone to get around it).

I was REALLY banking on that to watch the Superbowl last year and caught a rude awakening lol. I learned how to use Kodi before half time!