Shawn Michaels Open To Wrestling One More Match

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

Shawn Michaels Open To Wrestling One More Match

Post by Bob-O » Jun 8th, '18, 07:20

Source: prowrestlingsheet

It’s been eight years since he retired from in-ring competition, but Shawn Michaels now says he’d consider stepping back in the ring for one more match if it’s “done the right way.”

The WWE Hall of Famer spoke to Sky Sports to promote his upcoming appearance in London as part of the United Kingdom Championship Tournament later this month and said, “It would have to be done the right way and just for one match rather than something that ran for longer.”

Adding, “It could be possible but people would have to accept they wouldn’t be getting the Showstopper, Mr. Wrestlemania.”

Michaels said goodbye to the WWE Universe and in-ring action in 2010 after being retired by The Undertaker in the main event of WrestleMania 26.

So … if a dream match were to occur, who would Michaels wants to be in the ring with? Michaels says, “AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan would be good, and then there’s the guys in NXT too. Someone like a Johnny Gargano would be fantastic.”

Nevertheless, HBK noted “one more match” is much more likely to be a tag team situation where “Hunter and I can just do a few crotch chops and have some fun.”

One more match from HBK? TAKE OUR MONEY!

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Shawn Michaels Open To Wrestling One More Match

Post by cero2k » Jun 8th, '18, 15:58

hmm, to suddenly change your mind a week after it is announced that WWE is now heading into a billion dollar contract. Seems like HBK may have a price after all.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 8th, '18, 19:59

No. More HHH and Dx? Uh-uh. Definitely not how I would I'd want to see involvement go.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 9th, '18, 08:45

I'm good I think. He's at that age and been gone for long enough, I don't want to see him lose - but I don't want to see him win either. We've hit the point where I'm happy with the memories, I'm feeling good about him leaving the right way, and any in-ring work he does now would risk tarnishing his legacy. Don't put that on AJ or DB's shoulders...

I'd get some bittersweet satisfaction if they put him in there with somebody like Ziggler, and Ziggy oversold everything as only he can, like HBK did to Hogan, but that's fantasy booking stuff...

I'd love to see him come around in some capacity that didn't involve Triple H or a DX reunion. While it was swept under the rug, the guest ref spot he did with Cole and McIntyre is the stuff I like to see.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 9th, '18, 20:57

Exactly ^ Could we please possibly see Shawn Michaels in something that doesn't involve Triple fuckin' H please?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 11th, '18, 05:51

Shawn Michaels would have been a much better choice as Smackdown General Manager. He's done it before (commissioner) so why not? As long as it didn't become all about Shawn that's okay. He can play either face or heel in that role so that would have been better.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 11th, '18, 08:46

XIV wrote: Jun 11th, '18, 05:51 Shawn Michaels would have been a much better choice as Smackdown General Manager. He's done it before (commissioner) so why not? As long as it didn't become all about Shawn that's okay. He can play either face or heel in that role so that would have been better.
it would had been some great dynamics working under Shane vs Hunter or Angle. But i can't imagine WWE would ever turn him heel anymore

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 11th, '18, 17:15

cero2k wrote: Jun 11th, '18, 08:46
XIV wrote: Jun 11th, '18, 05:51 Shawn Michaels would have been a much better choice as Smackdown General Manager. He's done it before (commissioner) so why not? As long as it didn't become all about Shawn that's okay. He can play either face or heel in that role so that would have been better.
it would had been some great dynamics working under Shane vs Hunter or Angle. But i can't imagine WWE would ever turn him heel anymore
I'm doubting he'd ever to commit to weekly television, unless there were a serious pot of gold at the end of that rainbow (one more match), and even then I wonder. They managed to build Undertaker/Cena this year despite Mean Mark not caring to appear... no matter how many cheeks Shawn has turned, you know he sat back after WM this year and said "Holy shit! They'll let you DO THAT!? Hey! I think I've got one left in me... under the right *ahem* 'circumstances'..."