WWE PPVs To Be Extended Up To One Hour

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

WWE PPVs To Be Extended Up To One Hour

Post by Bob-O » May 22nd, '18, 07:06

Source: pwinsider

With WWE moving to co-branded PPVs featuring talents from both Raw and Smackdown, one of the most asked questions among PWInsider.com readers was whether WWE intended to extend the length of their PPVs to accomodate all that talent. It appears that answer is yes.

PWInsider.com has been told by several sources that WWE reached out to international broadcast partners, including SkyTV and InDemand PPV to inform them that as of the 6/17 Money in the Bank PPV, their PPV events will kick off at 7 PM Eastern/4 PM Pacific (which means a Kickoff Show at 6 PM) and that the PPVs could run as long as four hours.

We are also told that cornerstone events, such as Summerslam, etc. could run longer.

In Demand's website currently lists Money in the Bank as starting at 6:30 PM EST, as they carry the final 30 minutes of the Kickoff Show leading into the PPV.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: WWE PPVs To Be Extended Up To One Hour

Post by cero2k » May 22nd, '18, 07:46

i'm not gonna say that this is dumb or impossible since I usually watch 4+ hours of NJPW, but WWE will really need to make the latter parts of their PPVs worth watching

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 22nd, '18, 07:51

cero2k wrote: May 22nd, '18, 07:46 i'm not gonna say that this is dumb or impossible since I usually watch 4+ hours of NJPW, but WWE will really need to make the latter parts of their PPVs worth watching
Right. They could do it no problem, if not for their own internal philosophies on what to give time to and how much time to put between matches.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

DHRainmaker

Post by DHRainmaker » May 22nd, '18, 21:08

Usually unless I have problems with the streaming I have no issue watching an entire NJPW show in one sitting, hell I watched Wrestlemania including the entire preshow in one sitting so 4 hours isn't a problem for me however WWE just doesn't interest me enough right now to do 4 hours a month