WON: British promotions with streaming services (excluding ICW & Progress) no longer allowed to use talent with WWE UK

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

WON: British promotions with streaming services (excluding ICW & Progress) no longer allowed to use talent with WWE UK

Post by cero2k » May 17th, '18, 10:28

Source: WON

Revolution Pro is no longer allowed to use any wrestler signed to a WWE U.K. deal. I presume that would also mean a lot of other promotions have found the same thing out. Defiant Pro is out as are all promotions that have a decent distribution or a streaming service, other than Progress or ICW, which have financial ties to WWE. It was a clear eventuality that anyone who understood the game would have known was coming, no matter how many times it was denied at first.

Big Red Machine

Re: WON: British promotions with streaming services (excluding ICW & Progress) no longer allowed to use talent with WWE

Post by Big Red Machine » May 17th, '18, 10:34

cero2k wrote: May 17th, '18, 10:28There goes CCK
I didn't realize they had signed.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: WON: British promotions with streaming services (excluding ICW & Progress) no longer allowed to use talent with WWE

Post by cero2k » May 17th, '18, 10:40

Big Red Machine wrote: May 17th, '18, 10:34
cero2k wrote: May 17th, '18, 10:28There goes CCK
I didn't realize they had signed.
Brookes and Banks were given offers for the UK tournament, they announced the first half of the tournament yesterday, we'll see if they confirm these two. Webster has also supposedly signed, he was in 205

Gibson, Coffey, Mastiff, Ligero, Kenny Williams, Gallagher, Amir Jordan, and Joseph Connor

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 17th, '18, 10:46

I also fear that NJPW will pull Sabre/Ospreay/Scurll from PROGRESS and push them towards RevPro only

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 17th, '18, 11:17

cero2k wrote: May 17th, '18, 10:46 I also fear that NJPW will pull Sabre/Ospreay/Scurll from PROGRESS and push them towards RevPro only
Scurll already gave a goodbye speech back at Chapter 55, so he's not really a loss, and Ospreay hasn't been around too much, either. Zack has started working more frequently for PROGRESS, but with him cutting back on and/or not doing EVOLVE (and, I would assume, most other North American promotions) anymore, he'd probably be finishing up with PROGRESS anyway as well as he's got both RevPro and New Japan commitments. I'm not saying that it wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't be too much of a change from the status quo, either.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 18th, '18, 11:30

Final 8 for the UK tournament
Banks, Webster, Jordan Devlin, Ashton Smith, Tucker, Drew Gulak, Tyson T-Bone, and James Drake