Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15882
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by cero2k » May 14th, '18, 10:24

Source: f4wonline.com

AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura's fourth pay-per-view WWE Championship match of 2018 is now official.

Through a tweet from Shane McMahon, WWE announced the match for Money in the Bank this morning: "Every fan of these athletes is looking for a definitive winner, a CLEAR victor...so I am making it official: @AJStylesOrg vs @ShinsukeN for the @WWE Championship at #MITB. #SDLive"

Whether there will be a stipulation for the match hasn't been confirmed yet. Their most recent meeting was a no disqualification match at Backlash, ending in a no contest when Styles and Nakamura kicked each other low at the same time and couldn't get up before the referee's 10 count.

Before that, Styles vs. Nakamura at the Greatest Royal Rumble, which followed up on Styles retaining the title and Nakamura turning heel at WrestleMania 34, ended in a double countout.

This is the third match announced for Money in the Bank, which will be held at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois on June 17th. The men's and women's Money in the Bank ladder matches will be taking place, with Braun Strowman, Finn Balor, The Miz, Rusev, Ember Moon, and Charlotte Flair having already qualified. The qualifiers will continue on this week's Raw and SmackDown from London.



Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 3798
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by KILLdozer » May 14th, '18, 10:42

Jax v Rousey? Ok lol.

What exactly is that match suppposed to be lol?.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15882
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by cero2k » May 14th, '18, 11:14

KILLdozer wrote:
May 14th, '18, 10:42
Jax v Rousey? Ok lol.

What exactly is that match suppposed to be lol?.
first thing that i thought was that this match won't even start, they'll both be attacked or something and go to a no contest
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 3798
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by KILLdozer » May 14th, '18, 12:07

You'd imagine...because let's face it...Rousey is very inexperienced and Jax still isn't that great lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19984
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Big Red Machine » May 14th, '18, 12:39

That seems like they're rushing things A F*CKING HELL OF A LOT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Serujuunin
Posts: 1786
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Serujuunin » May 14th, '18, 13:18

Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 12:39
That seems like they're rushing things A F*CKING HELL OF A LOT.
Beyond both of their relative inexperience in a WWE ring, Jax is the champ and Rousey is being pushed as a monster, so who wins in that match? No one, because everyone comes out worse for wear from that one.

Bad idea.

Unless there’s a f*ck finish, this ruins either of them.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19984
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Big Red Machine » May 14th, '18, 13:27

Serujuunin wrote:
May 14th, '18, 13:18
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 12:39
That seems like they're rushing things A F*CKING HELL OF A LOT.
Beyond both of their relative inexperience in a WWE ring, Jax is the champ and Rousey is being pushed as a monster, so who wins in that match? No one, because everyone comes out worse for wear from that one.

Bad idea.

Unless there’s a f*ck finish, this ruins either of them.
And doing a f*ck finish just pisses off the audience.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 3798
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by KILLdozer » May 14th, '18, 13:29

Jax is very experienced by now,2 or 3 years...but my original point is more accurate...she's just not that great lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Serujuunin
Posts: 1786
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Serujuunin » May 14th, '18, 13:54

KILLdozer wrote:
May 14th, '18, 13:29
Jax is very experienced by now,2 or 3 years...but my original point is more accurate...she's just not that great lol.
Time does not equal experience. She’s still sloppy and can’t do very much.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 3798
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by KILLdozer » May 14th, '18, 14:20

Serujuunin wrote:
May 14th, '18, 13:54
KILLdozer wrote:
May 14th, '18, 13:29
Jax is very experienced by now,2 or 3 years...but my original point is more accurate...she's just not that great lol.
Time does not equal experience. She’s still sloppy and can’t do very much.
Time does equal experience. I'm talking strictly time in the ring, but it doesn't mean she's anything special at all. She's got more experience than one match Rousey...but still.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 2085
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: King Kong Bundy
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Bob-O » May 14th, '18, 20:18

I'm praying AJ wins this because this is turning into Cena/Orton from a few years ago... they're great, it's great, everyone is great... but I'm good on this, I'm ready for both of them to move forward and am dreading this sandbagging all the way to Summerslam. Not that a rivalry over junk jabs isn't Must See TV, but I've had my fill... Nak is over as a heel, AJ is a fighting campion, everyone wins!

As for Nia/Rhonda... I'll bet they have Rousey squash her for the title. Quick fights got her over in mma, and they'll do that here too. She "slays the giant" in under a minute via tap out, it hides BOTH of their technical short comings and gives Rouse some credibility while getting the belt on their A-List investment.

The time/experience thing is a crap shoot. Nia's had the same time and resources in developmental as anybody else, yet she's still grass green. She's also not from an athletic background like the others, she's not naturally coordinated or instinctively competitive, so it's like comparing Kurt Angle to The Miz... they both figured it out, but it took one of them three times longer. Jax will "get it" eventually, or she won't. I'm not sure it's even fair to compare Nia to anyone in the ring because she's the only "giant" (for lack of a better term) in the devision. She's SUPPOSED to be slow and sloppy, her credibility comes with her size not her finesse.

At this point I don't think anyone loses if Rousey taps her out in 30 seconds - not even Alexa. With the division as stacked as it is, and if my 30 second squash theory is correct, Nia's the perfect paper Champ.
"You know what the best part of Summerslam is gonna be? When I beat you, and then on SmackDown Live, you come out to the world and you say AJ Styles is better than me. And if you don't, John, you're a liar... And if you do, you're a loser"

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19984
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Big Red Machine » May 14th, '18, 20:51

Bob-O wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:18
I'm not sure it's even fair to compare Nia to anyone in the ring because she's the only "giant" (for lack of a better term) in the devision.
Tamina is very sad that you have forgotten that she exists, just like she is very sad that Creative has seemingly forgotten that she exists.
Bob-O wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:18
She's SUPPOSED to be slow and sloppy, her credibility comes with her size not her finesse.
If you mean "sloppy" as in "not crisp" then I'll agree with you, but she's not supposed to be hurting people by dropping them carelessly. No one is supposed to be doing that. Ken Anderson got fired for doing that,.
Bob-O wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:18
At this point I don't think anyone loses if Rousey taps her out in 30 seconds - not even Alexa. With the division as stacked as it is, and if my 30 second squash theory is correct, Nia's the perfect paper Champ.
I totally disagree. Anyone would work the "paper champion" that Ronda can take the belt off of, but Nia's size gives her something that you can build an angle around that theoretically makes you think Ronda might not be able to beat her. If you take have Ronda obliterate Nia for the belt, you're killing off your best challenger. The only other person on Raw who could theoretically have something is Alexa, who has her own deviousness plus the outside interference of Mickie James, and even then it would be a story where we know Ronda will murder Alexa when she is able to get her hands on her and the question is about what devious tactic will Alexa use to prevent Ronda from doing so and will Ronda be able to overcome it rather than the story with Jax which is a simple question of "can Ronda beat an opponent that large?"
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 3798
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by KILLdozer » May 14th, '18, 21:04

The most legitimate ones that could pose a curious and kayfabe believable threat to Rousey would have been Asuka , before wm, and next would be Sasha Banks, Charlotte to a lesser extent ever so slightly. As much as I hate to credit her.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 2085
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: King Kong Bundy
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Bob-O » May 14th, '18, 23:58

Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
Tamina is very sad that you have forgotten that she exists, just like she is very sad that Creative has seemingly forgotten that she exists.
I didn't forget, but she's different. Tamina is cut from a different cloth, but I'd categorize her with more of a Beth Phoenix as in more muscle/bulk than actual size. Nia I see as more the Diva Big Show... the only woman I can even think to compare her to is Awesome Kong, but that doesn't even work because Kong's shorter and... you know... "good".
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
If you mean "sloppy" as in "not crisp" then I'll agree with you, but she's not supposed to be hurting people by dropping them carelessly. No one is supposed to be doing that.
That's what i mean. I'm just trying to be objective, but she's dangerous. To go along with the time vs experience debate, she's green and I'm not sure she knows HOW to be careful and still come across like they're telling her she needs to. That said, she's not there yet, but for what's expected of her it's not out of reach.
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
I totally disagree. Anyone would work the "paper champion" that Ronda can take the belt off of, but Nia's size gives her something that you can build an angle around that theoretically makes you think Ronda might not be able to beat her. If you take have Ronda obliterate Nia for the belt, you're killing off your best challenger. The only other person on Raw who could theoretically have something is Alexa, who has her own deviousness plus the outside interference of Mickie James, and even then it would be a story where we know Ronda will murder Alexa when she is able to get her hands on her and the question is about what devious tactic will Alexa use to prevent Ronda from doing so and will Ronda be able to overcome it rather than the story with Jax which is a simple question of "can Ronda beat an opponent that large?"
Agree to disagree, but we've talked about this before. They were in a serious predicament with Rhonda from the day they signed her, in that they've never been in this position before. She's so far ahead of everyone on the roster in terms of star power, but so far behind in terms of ability. Yes, the smark in me would love a compelling story, some build, and even a little doubt. But they, for the sake of their investment, need to get the belt on her as fast as possible. If they're going to put the belt on her, she HAS to obtain some credibility in a hurry... what better way than destroying the biggest woman in the company? It's a good thing! Having the title on her keeps her out of the ring (~sigh~ sad but true) while she figures things out, and she can now make all her appearances as a "WWE Champion". They have to sacrifice somebody here, and with Nia they get the most bang for their buck. The rest can chase, and if they keep with the "1st Round KO" mentality with her - which isn't far fetched, it's how she fought in mma - they can make this work with the "Diva" end of the roster while they move into the "Wrestler" end of the roster. Nobody's getting buried in this, they're losing to Rhonda fucking Rousey, and they're doing it quickly which kind of gives it an upset vibe.

You start with Nia, who won't back down, and will die a quick death. "She took down the biggest dog in the yard!"
Move into Alexa and her games for some great TV, but dies a quick death when Rhonda finally gets her hands on her.
You can start progressing into people that aren't going to be tapped out in 30 seconds from there, all the while WWE Women's Champion Rhonda Rousey is shaking hands, kissing babies, and doing talk shows without knowing how to tell a story in the ring.

I think we can agree that in this uncharted territory there isn't a "right" way to go about handling Rhonda Rousey, but there's a "best" way, and all things considered I think that's it. They don't have TIME to do much else without missing the momentum...
"You know what the best part of Summerslam is gonna be? When I beat you, and then on SmackDown Live, you come out to the world and you say AJ Styles is better than me. And if you don't, John, you're a liar... And if you do, you're a loser"

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15882
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by cero2k » May 15th, '18, 10:05

I'm praying AJ wins this because this is turning into Cena/Orton from a few years ago
You're in luck, they're having a match tonight to set up to their match
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
Tamina is very sad that you have forgotten that she exists, just like she is very sad that Creative has seemingly forgotten that she exists.
at least to me, she's really not that much of a giant, she's just built. She's kinda like a Lashley next to Big Show, big but not a giant.
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
I totally disagree. Anyone would work the "paper champion" that Ronda can take the belt off of, but Nia's size gives her something that you can build an angle around that theoretically makes you think Ronda might not be able to beat her. If you take have Ronda obliterate Nia for the belt, you're killing off your best challenger. The only other person on Raw who could theoretically have something is Alexa, who has her own deviousness plus the outside interference of Mickie James, and even then it would be a story where we know Ronda will murder Alexa when she is able to get her hands on her and the question is about what devious tactic will Alexa use to prevent Ronda from doing so and will Ronda be able to overcome it rather than the story with Jax which is a simple question of "can Ronda beat an opponent that large?"
This is the magic of pro wrestling, Ronda can legit lose to a lot of people. Ronda is ONLY a UFC fighter, but that is her limitation. UFC has weight classes, so she's never been with someone big like Nia that she won't go down to a takedown. Alexa can run and cheat. Iconics have number games. Charlotte is genetically superior. Good storytelling + commentary could really make this work

Meltzer is suggesting that on the PPV, Nia could turn and become Steph's monster, and with Steph's interfence, Ronda can easily be taken out. Now that they have failed to recreate Austin vs McMahon with everyone, maybe they can with Ronda and Steph since we finally have someone that Steph is willing to bump for.
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 3798
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by KILLdozer » May 15th, '18, 11:00

cero2k wrote:
May 15th, '18, 10:05
I'm praying AJ wins this because this is turning into Cena/Orton from a few years ago
You're in luck, they're having a match tonight to set up to their match
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
Tamina is very sad that you have forgotten that she exists, just like she is very sad that Creative has seemingly forgotten that she exists.
at least to me, she's really not that much of a giant, she's just built. She's kinda like a Lashley next to Big Show, big but not a giant.
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
I totally disagree. Anyone would work the "paper champion" that Ronda can take the belt off of, but Nia's size gives her something that you can build an angle around that theoretically makes you think Ronda might not be able to beat her. If you take have Ronda obliterate Nia for the belt, you're killing off your best challenger. The only other person on Raw who could theoretically have something is Alexa, who has her own deviousness plus the outside interference of Mickie James, and even then it would be a story where we know Ronda will murder Alexa when she is able to get her hands on her and the question is about what devious tactic will Alexa use to prevent Ronda from doing so and will Ronda be able to overcome it rather than the story with Jax which is a simple question of "can Ronda beat an opponent that large?"
This is the magic of pro wrestling, Ronda can legit lose to a lot of people. Ronda is ONLY a UFC fighter, but that is her limitation. UFC has weight classes, so she's never been with someone big like Nia that she won't go down to a takedown. Alexa can run and cheat. Iconics have number games. Charlotte is genetically superior. Good storytelling + commentary could really make this work

Meltzer is suggesting that on the PPV, Nia could turn and become Steph's monster, and with Steph's interfence, Ronda can easily be taken out. Now that they have failed to recreate Austin vs McMahon with everyone, maybe they can with Ronda and Steph since we finally have someone that Steph is willing to bump for.
Jax and Stephanie is probably the only and best way it could go.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19984
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Big Red Machine » May 15th, '18, 14:33

Bob-O wrote:
May 14th, '18, 23:58
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
I totally disagree. Anyone would work the "paper champion" that Ronda can take the belt off of, but Nia's size gives her something that you can build an angle around that theoretically makes you think Ronda might not be able to beat her. If you take have Ronda obliterate Nia for the belt, you're killing off your best challenger. The only other person on Raw who could theoretically have something is Alexa, who has her own deviousness plus the outside interference of Mickie James, and even then it would be a story where we know Ronda will murder Alexa when she is able to get her hands on her and the question is about what devious tactic will Alexa use to prevent Ronda from doing so and will Ronda be able to overcome it rather than the story with Jax which is a simple question of "can Ronda beat an opponent that large?"
Agree to disagree, but we've talked about this before. They were in a serious predicament with Rhonda from the day they signed her, in that they've never been in this position before. She's so far ahead of everyone on the roster in terms of star power, but so far behind in terms of ability. Yes, the smark in me would love a compelling story, some build, and even a little doubt. But they, for the sake of their investment, need to get the belt on her as fast as possible. If they're going to put the belt on her, she HAS to obtain some credibility in a hurry... what better way than destroying the biggest woman in the company? It's a good thing! Having the title on her keeps her out of the ring (~sigh~ sad but true) while she figures things out, and she can now make all her appearances as a "WWE Champion". They have to sacrifice somebody here, and with Nia they get the most bang for their buck. The rest can chase, and if they keep with the "1st Round KO" mentality with her - which isn't far fetched, it's how she fought in mma - they can make this work with the "Diva" end of the roster while they move into the "Wrestler" end of the roster. Nobody's getting buried in this, they're losing to Rhonda fucking Rousey, and they're doing it quickly which kind of gives it an upset vibe.

You start with Nia, who won't back down, and will die a quick death. "She took down the biggest dog in the yard!"
Move into Alexa and her games for some great TV, but dies a quick death when Rhonda finally gets her hands on her.
You can start progressing into people that aren't going to be tapped out in 30 seconds from there, all the while WWE Women's Champion Rhonda Rousey is shaking hands, kissing babies, and doing talk shows without knowing how to tell a story in the ring.

I think we can agree that in this uncharted territory there isn't a "right" way to go about handling Rhonda Rousey, but there's a "best" way, and all things considered I think that's it. They don't have TIME to do much else without missing the momentum...
I disagree with you about the timing issue. If they needed to put the belt on her quickly to capitalize off of Mania publicity then they missed their window already (and Saudi Arabia basically prevented them from doing that, otherwise every story about Ronda would be about how new champion/top challenger Ronda Rousey won't be allowed to go and compete at this big show). What they need to do is put the belt on her in a situation where they can leverage the most attention out of it, and in this case the best place for that is SummerSlam in NYC (biggest media market in the country, second-biggest WWE show of the year, and the same market as next year's Mania).
I also disagree with you that Ronda needs to get "credibility" by beating Nia. As you yourself said, she's Ronda f*cking Rousey. She already has credibility. What she needs is to feel like she has kayfabe earned it because, as she herself said, she "wants no special favors."
And the idea that people won't lose anything from being tapped out in thirty seconds by Ronda is contradicted by the fact that STEPH lasted a lot longer than that. If they're going for one-minute world-beater Ronda, they already ruined it. Putting the title on her will help keep her out of the ring on TV, but they've already been doing that. What they need is to have her working house-shows, which she can do with or without the belt.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15882
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by cero2k » May 15th, '18, 14:35

Big Red Machine wrote:
May 15th, '18, 14:33

And the idea that people won't lose anything from being tapped out in thirty seconds by Ronda is contradicted by the fact that STEPH lasted a lot longer than that. If they're going for one-minute world-beater Ronda, they already ruined it. Putting the title on her will help keep her out of the ring on TV, but they've already been doing that. What they need is to have her working house-shows, which she can do with or without the belt.
it is also gonna rub a lot of people the wrong way if your two champions are 'UFC guys' and not constantly active. they should take the title off Lesnar, let that cool off a bit first
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19984
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Big Red Machine » May 15th, '18, 14:46

cero2k wrote:
May 15th, '18, 10:05

Big Red Machine wrote:
May 14th, '18, 20:51
Tamina is very sad that you have forgotten that she exists, just like she is very sad that Creative has seemingly forgotten that she exists.
at least to me, she's really not that much of a giant, she's just built. She's kinda like a Lashley next to Big Show, big but not a giant.
Yes... but she's Lashley in a division where everyone else is WCW Rey Mysterio Jr.-sized and she hasn't really had a Big Show to stand next to. It's about relative disparity, not absolute value.
cero2k wrote:
May 15th, '18, 10:05
Meltzer is suggesting that on the PPV, Nia could turn and become Steph's monster, and with Steph's interfence, Ronda can easily be taken out. Now that they have failed to recreate Austin vs McMahon with everyone, maybe they can with Ronda and Steph since we finally have someone that Steph is willing to bump for.
This is the situation that makes the most sense, but I think it unfortunately winds up paralyzing the division. Nattie will benefit because she'll get to be a part of it (first as Ronda's friend, then she'll turn on her), but it makes Riott Squad, Alexa Bliss!, and whoever comes out of Sasha vs. Bayley as the heel all dead in the water, with the babyface att he end of that feud left fighing with Ember Moon for the default #2 babyface position of "Ronda Rousey's friend." It's a good spot to have if all you care about is TV time and getting paid, but if you have any sort of professional ambitions, you're basically William Regal being stuck as Big Daddy's tag team partner and the only way to satisfy yourself would be to do something that will make management think you're ungrateful for the nice spot they've put you in.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19984
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Styles vs Nakamura, Rousey vs Jax confirmed for MITB PPV

Post by Big Red Machine » May 15th, '18, 14:50

cero2k wrote:
May 15th, '18, 14:35
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 15th, '18, 14:33

And the idea that people won't lose anything from being tapped out in thirty seconds by Ronda is contradicted by the fact that STEPH lasted a lot longer than that. If they're going for one-minute world-beater Ronda, they already ruined it. Putting the title on her will help keep her out of the ring on TV, but they've already been doing that. What they need is to have her working house-shows, which she can do with or without the belt.
it is also gonna rub a lot of people the wrong way if your two champions are 'UFC guys' and not constantly active. they should take the title off Lesnar, let that cool off a bit first
I think they can get around that by putting Ronda on TV without having her wrestle (although that's obviously much easier to do with a heel). It won't be a Brock situation where she's at home lounging around until she hits one of those "busy" months where she has to show up for work a whole four times in a five-week span.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests