Tag team match added to WWE Backlash card

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Tag team match added to WWE Backlash card

Post by cero2k » May 1st, '18, 11:03

Source: f4wonline.com

A tag team match featuring stars from the Raw brand has been added to the Backlash card.

It was announced on Raw tonight that Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens would face the team of Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman. They faced two weeks ago on Raw, where Strowman convincingly got the win for his team. In a match this week on Raw, Strowman, Lashey and Roman Reigns defeated Jinder Mahal, Owens and Zayn in a six man tag team match, with Strowman picking up the win again for his team, pinning Owens.

Other matches on the card include AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE title, Seth Rollins vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental title, Nia Jax vs. Alexa Bliss for the Raw women’s title, Carmella vs. Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown women’s title, Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass and Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe.

Backlash will go down this Sunday at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. It will be the first co-branded show outside of the big four events since the 2016 brand split.

XIV

Re: Tag team match added to WWE Backlash card

Post by XIV » May 1st, '18, 11:19

Unless this somehow leads to a Strowman vs Lashley feud. I am not into this at all.
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » May 2nd, '18, 15:25

This feels like a last minute push to get these guys on the card at all.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 2nd, '18, 18:12

It sounds great to regardless of what you two think. What's not to like? Fuck "no real story" just enjoy. Lashley could turn though.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 3rd, '18, 09:29

KILLdozer wrote: May 2nd, '18, 18:12 It sounds great to regardless of what you two think. What's not to like? Fuck "no real story" just enjoy. Lashley could turn though.
match looks great, everything else surrounding it just screams 'last minute'

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 3rd, '18, 09:52

cero2k wrote: May 3rd, '18, 09:29
KILLdozer wrote: May 2nd, '18, 18:12 It sounds great to regardless of what you two think. What's not to like? Fuck "no real story" just enjoy. Lashley could turn though.
Yeah Zayn and Owens will do fantastic and Strowman and Lashley will definitely hold their own. I don't really see how it can be unlikable soubdibg, but it's been building for two weeks.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 3rd, '18, 10:10

cero2k wrote: May 3rd, '18, 09:29
So what if it's last minute? It's not like it's a featured match or anything.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 3rd, '18, 10:15

Big Red Machine wrote: May 3rd, '18, 10:10

So what if it's last minute? It's not like it's a featured match or anything.
exactly, it's not anything, it's just the quick excuse to feature people in the show. Meanwhile i don't think any of the tag titles are in the show, nor the cruiserweight.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 3rd, '18, 10:18

It's almost guaranteed to be fun and entertaining as fuck...isn't that what It's all about?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 3rd, '18, 10:38

KILLdozer wrote: May 3rd, '18, 10:18 It's almost guaranteed to be fun and entertaining as fuck...isn't that what It's all about?
sure, but a 20 minute titus falling montage or WeeLC would also be fun and entertaining. when they could make things matter, i think they should

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 3rd, '18, 11:41

cero2k wrote: May 3rd, '18, 10:38
KILLdozer wrote: May 3rd, '18, 10:18 It's almost guaranteed to be fun and entertaining as fuck...isn't that what It's all about?
sure, but a 20 minute titus falling montage or WeeLC would also be fun and entertaining. when they could make things matter, i think they should
I don't disagree with you, but I think it's entire possible that this does wind up mattering (particularly for something between Strowman and Lashley or for setting up new top contenders for Matt & Bray.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 3rd, '18, 12:10

Big Red Machine wrote: May 3rd, '18, 11:41
cero2k wrote: May 3rd, '18, 10:38
I don't disagree with you, but I think it's entire possible that this does wind up mattering (particularly for something between Strowman and Lashley or for setting up new top contenders for Matt & Bray.
It's almost guaranteed this will furtherly advance Zayn and Owens story either way somehow and will play into something on Raw. So I'd say it's worth seeing.