Zack Ryder suffers knee injury during WWE Main Event tapings

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Zack Ryder suffers knee injury during WWE Main Event tapings

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 25th, '18, 07:32

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Apr 24, 2018 2:37 pm

After suffering a knee injury during last night's Main Event tapings, Zack Ryder is heading to Orlando for an MRI instead of making the trip to Saudi Arabia for the Greatest Royal Rumble.

Ryder revealed the news on Instagram: "This picture was taken last night before my match against @therealmichaelbennett on @WWE#MainEvent. We both treated it like we were wrestling on #Raw...but unfortunately, I suffered a knee injury. While the rest of the roster is flying to Saudi Arabia today for #WWEGRR, I’m flying back to Orlando to get a MRI. I’ll keep you posted......and I’ll be back."

The match was Ryder's first appearance since moving to Raw in last week's Superstar Shakeup. He underwent reconstructive knee surgery in December 2016 after suffering a ruptured patellar tendon and was out of action for six months.

Ryder likely would have been one of the participants in Friday's 50-man Greatest Royal Rumble match. He defeated Mike Kanellis last night, with The Revival also beating Heath Slater & Rhyno on Main Event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Re: Zack Ryder suffers knee injury during WWE Main Event tapings

Post by Bob-O » Apr 26th, '18, 03:31

brb... gotta go change my pick ems...

Big Red Machine

Re: Zack Ryder suffers knee injury during WWE Main Event tapings

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 26th, '18, 09:20

You might want to hold your horses there, Bob-O:
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/zack-ryder-posts-injury-update-wont-need-surgery-256521 wrote: Zack Ryder has some good news after suffering a knee injury prior to Raw on Monday.

Ryder posted on Twitter earlier this afternoon that no surgery would be needed.

“Got some good news this morning...MCL/ACL/Calf muscle strains...nothing completely torn...no surgery will be needed” he said. “Thanks to everyone who reached out. It’s time for #Raw to get #Zacked!”

Ryder suffered the knee injury during a match on Main Event against Mike Kanellis, his first appearance on Raw since being drafted from SmackDown in the Superstar Shakeup. He finshed the match, pinning Kanellis. Since he had to travel to Orlando to get an MRI done on the knee the following day, Ryder will miss the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia on Friday. He was likely to be a part of the 50 man Royal Rumble bout.

Ryder missed six months of action back in December of 2016 when he suffered a ruptured patellar tendon during a battle royal on SmackDown.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3