Alberto El Patron booked for Triplemania, reportedly visited WWE HQ

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Alberto El Patron booked for Triplemania, reportedly visited WWE HQ

Post by cero2k » Mar 7th, '18, 10:18

Source: f4wonline.com

Alberto El Patron has been booked for this August’s AAA Triplemania event, but reportedly there is interest within WWE to bring him back to their fold.

AAA announced today that Triplemania will take place on August 25 in Arena Ciudad de Mexico during a press conference. They also announced that El Patron will be a part of the show, facing an international wrestler that has yet to be named.

Around the same time that was announced, PWInsider reported that El Patron was at WWE’s headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut last week to film material related to an upcoming WWE project on Rey Mysterio, and met with Vince McMahon while in Stamford as well. The report also said that there have been indications that Vince McMahon is interested in bringing back El Patron (known in WWE as Alberto Del Rio), mentioning that he has always been high on el Patron’s work as a performer.

This comes at a time where El Patron's contract with Impact is set to expire next month. The report says that Impact has made it a priority to meet with talent who's contracts are coming up soon. They said that results so far have been positive and they remain hopeful that the talents, including El Patron, will be signing new deals.

He left the WWE in 2016 after reportedly being unhappy about where he was slotted on the roster. He was originally set to return to AAA for 2016's Heroes Inmortales X, but no showed after saying he was attacked outside his resturant he was operating at the time. Since then, he’s worked for Impact Wrestling and has also worked in the UK with Five Star Wrestling.

El Patron's next high profile match will be with Impact, where he will headline their next PPV on April 22, Redemption, challenging Austin Aries for the Impact World title.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Alberto El Patron booked for Triplemania, reportedly visited WWE HQ

Post by cero2k » Mar 7th, '18, 10:20

Why would AAA want back someone that no shows, why would WWE want someone who quit ? why would he go back to where he quit because the booking sucked? why would he wanna work in the same place with your ex-girlfriend with who you had tons of bad press with?

these people, man.

I swear Patron could be having an affair with Linda and Steph at the same time, and Vince would still bring him back

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 8th, '18, 02:52

He's an absolute Yo-Yo.

Brilliant performer, but he brings with him so much bullshit and drama that there is no point hiring him.
Have A Nice Day!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 8th, '18, 14:26

To be fair though, didn't he get released the first time for punching a dude that absolutely needed punched?

Not saying I'm not wondering wtf they'd be thinking bringing him back again, but to say to KEEP bringing him back I don't think is quite justified. Until he punched the racist I was under the impression his first run was drama free...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 8th, '18, 15:01

Bob-O wrote: Mar 8th, '18, 14:26 To be fair though, didn't he get released the first time for punching a dude that absolutely needed punched?

Not saying I'm not wondering wtf they'd be thinking bringing him back again, but to say to KEEP bringing him back I don't think is quite justified. Until he punched the racist I was under the impression his first run was drama free...
he actually has never brought drama with him to WWE, they pay well enough, but he did quit last time because he was bored

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 9th, '18, 04:21

cero2k wrote: Mar 8th, '18, 15:01
Bob-O wrote: Mar 8th, '18, 14:26 To be fair though, didn't he get released the first time for punching a dude that absolutely needed punched?

he actually has never brought drama with him to WWE, they pay well enough, but he did quit last time because he was bored
The only drama he really created or certainly helped to create was the whole Paige issue...
Have A Nice Day!