Hillbilly Jim joins 2018 WWE Hall of Fame class

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Hillbilly Jim joins 2018 WWE Hall of Fame class

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '18, 15:03

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Mar 5, 2018 10:05 am

With today's addition of Hillbilly Jim, there are now five acts confirmed for this year's WWE Hall of Fame class.

Through an announcement on Bleacher Report, WWE revealed this morning that Jim will be inducted into the Hall of Fame during WrestleMania weekend in New Orleans. He joins Goldberg, The Dudley Boyz, Ivory, and Jeff Jarrett in this year's Hall of Fame lineup. Jarrius "JJ" Robertson will also receive the 2018 Warrior Award.

"I didn't have that on my mind whatsoever," Jim told Bleacher Report about finding out the news. "For a moment or two, I was knocked back on my heels. Basically, I was speechless. It was a whole lot for me to digest quickly."

Before coming to the WWF in 1984, Jim had a stint in Memphis wrestling as "Harley Davidson." His in-ring career effectively ended in the early 1990s, though he's often been involved with WWE in other capacities since then. He managed The Godwinns later in the decade and was most recently part of WWE's "Legends' House" reality series that aired on the Network in 2014.

Jim's last match was in the gimmick battle royal at WrestleMania X-7 in 2001.

Jim wasn't one of the names included on the early lists for the 2018 Hall of Fame class. The induction ceremony will take place at the Smoothie King Center on Friday, April 6th.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3