WON: Keith Lee and Walter have been offered WWE contracts

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

WON: Keith Lee and Walter have been offered WWE contracts

Post by cero2k » Mar 1st, '18, 10:14

Source: f4wonline.com

Both Keith Lee and Walter have been offered spots starting in Orlando in May. The two are the two best big men on the independent scene right now. The belief within the indie world is Lee is taking it since he’s turned down dates after that point in time but this is one of those things that neither side are even allowed to confirm. Lee is 32 or 33 (he told me he was 32 months back) , and he’s got charisma to go along with being so strong and agile. He reminds me of a more agile but not quite as heavy version of Bam Bam Bigelow. Lee, while not announced yet because it requires the approval of Gabe Sapolsky, since he has a contract with WWN, was tentatively on the card for New Japan on the 3/25 show in Long Beach. If that happens, that doesn’t mean he won’t do that date and still go to WWE in May although New Japan believes he’s not. He also has shown he can work with lots of different styles and have good matches and had a tear down the house psychology match with Tomohiro Ishii in London that was beautiful in its simplicity.

Walter is less clear. I know that in the past he’s told us he’s not interested because he’s got employee status with the wXw promotion in Europe and runs their school and in the past told us he likes his life and wasn’t interested in moving. He wasn’t even interested in long periods out of Europe as he noted New Japan isn’t something he was interested in either. But there is an opportunity if you become a WWE star to make far more money and garner far more fame in this business than anywhere else. Walter would have been a main event heel in the old WWWF days against Bruno Sammartino or Pedro Morales in the 70s as a big German who can really go standing behind a heel manager. He’s got a great foreign heel face, similar to Vladimir Kozlov, just as big, not quite as good a body as Kozlov had but world’s better in the ring. Walter’s chops are incredible, but I’m not sure WWE will want their guys taking those chops as much as indie guys are willing to do to make a match, but he can do more than that. Both have different styles than WWE but if I was WWE, they are two of the top guys possible to get that aren’t under contract with a major promotion already.