Ed Nordholm on dropping the IP exclusivity: No it wasn't the Hardys. It was because of Rosemary

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Ed Nordholm on dropping the IP exclusivity: No it wasn't the Hardys. It was because of Rosemary

Post by cero2k » Feb 23rd, '18, 11:50

Ed, the news that you won’t be keeping the trademarks and characters of your talent is a potential gamechanger. How hard was that to implement?

Ed Nordholm: Not that hard. I came in, I’m still somewhat new to the business, trying to understand the roster and what we do, how we market them and how they work. I start seeing Rosemary, a wonderful talent, wonderful character and gimmick, great girl, and I find out that she doesn’t market herself as Rosemary when she’s not doing IMPACT. So, how does that work? We’ve got our talent, who don’t have enough confidence in their characters that they feel like they should be developing a safety net. And Rosemary told me they’re developing the safety net because they don’t want to be starting all over again creating a new identity. It was a pretty tough process of getting guys to buy into the idea, that you know, this is kind of silly to be trying to control people in this way. The fact the Hardy dispute was going on in the meantime was sort of creating a whole dynamic within which I was sort of trying to evaluate this. So I went to Don and said this whole idea of controlling people feels dumb.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/23/bound-mee ... to=cbshare