NJPW-ROH Honor Rising cards: Omega teams with Ibushi

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

NJPW-ROH Honor Rising cards: Omega teams with Ibushi

Post by cero2k » Feb 12th, '18, 23:29

Source: f4wonline.com

New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor will be following up on the Bullet Club's ongoing split at Korakuen Hall later this month.

Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi will be teaming up for the first time in a few years as NJPW and ROH present their two-show Honor Rising tour. Omega, Ibushi & Chase Owens teaming against Cody Rhodes, Marty Scurll & Hangman Page is the main event on night one. On night two, Omega & Ibushi take on Cody & Scurll.

Omega and Ibushi reunited in an angle at the New Beginning in Sapporo in January. Omega lost his IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship to Jay White and was laid out by Cody after the match, then Ibushi made the save for Omega and they hugged to close the show.

There will also be three title matches on the Honor Rising tour. Dalton Castle's ROH World Championship will be on the line as he faces Beretta on night two, with Bad Luck Fale & Guerrillas of Destiny defending their NEVER Six-Man Tag Team titles against Jushin Thunder Liger, Delirious & Cheeseburger on that show as well.

Night one has Beer City Bruiser challenging for Hirooki Goto's NEVER Openweight Championship.

Here are the cards for the Honor Rising shows. Both nights will air live on New Japan World with English commentary available:

Night one (February 23rd) --
Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Chase Owens vs. Cody, Marty Scurll & Hangman Page
NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto defending against Beer City Bruiser
Dalton Castle, Jay Lethal & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jay White, Beretta & Chuck Taylor
Hiromu Takahashi vs. KUSHIDA vs. Flip Gordon in a three-way match
The Young Bucks vs. Juice Robinson & David Finlay
Jushin Thunder Liger, Delirious & Cheeseburger vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Hikuleo
Toa Henare & Katsuya Kitamura vs. Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi

Night two (February 24th) --
Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs. Cody & Marty Scurll
ROH World Champion Dalton Castle defending against Beretta
The Young Bucks & Hangman Page vs. Jay White, Chuck Taylor & YOSHI-HASHI
NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Champions Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa defending against Jushin Thunder Liger, Delirious & Cheeseburger
Flip Gordon & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
Jay Lethal, Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens & Hikuleo
Toa Henare vs. Beer City Bruiser

Big Red Machine

Re: NJPW-ROH Honor Rising cards: Omega teams with Ibushi

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 13th, '18, 00:33

Aside from that three-way, night one just looks like a waste of time. Who the f*ck thought anyone wanted to see Omega and Ibushi teaming together for the first time in many years be as apart of a six-man unit with f*cking Chase "I'm only in this company so I can take pinfalls when my team has to lose" Owens.

Also, Scurll and Page should really switch places on night 2. I know Scurll is the bigger star, but based on the story, Page makes the most sense in this spot.

And where is KUSHIDA on night two? Or Naito, Okada, Suzuki, Ospreay, Elgin, and the rest of the top of New Japan's card? And where are The Briscoes, MCMG, Kenny King, Punishment Martinez, and other pushed acts in ROH? These cards feel very weak. This isn't a joint show between ROH and New Japan, it's a joint show between three-quarter-assed ROH crew and a one-quarter-assed New Japan crew.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 13th, '18, 09:35

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 13th, '18, 00:33 Also, Scurll and Page should really switch places on night 2. I know Scurll is the bigger star, but based on the story, Page makes the most sense in this spot.
not disagreeing, but White and Page are likely going to build their title feud in their match, and this could be where Scurll decides on who's side he is on, so there may be a purpose to this.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 13th, '18, 10:19

cero2k wrote: Feb 13th, '18, 09:35
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 13th, '18, 00:33 Also, Scurll and Page should really switch places on night 2. I know Scurll is the bigger star, but based on the story, Page makes the most sense in this spot.
not disagreeing, but White and Page are likely going to build their title feud in their match, and this could be where Scurll decides on who's side he is on, so there may be a purpose to this.
Good points. I forgot that White vs. Page is a thing.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3