The Dudley Boyz to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

The Dudley Boyz to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Post by cero2k » Jan 29th, '18, 10:55

Source: f4wonline.com
Joining Goldberg in this year's class, The Dudley Boyz will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame over WrestleMania weekend in New Orleans.

WWE made the announcement via CBS Sports today. It comes after Bubba Ray & D-Von appeared on Raw's 25th anniversary episode last Monday, where they put Heath Slater through a table.

In their interview with CBS Sports, Bubba Ray spoke about being the first ECW-created act to go into the Hall of Fame: "It probably means more to me than anything else. Yes, going into the WWE Hall of Fame is cool, but being the first original act ever created in ECW is really a big deal. ECW meant so much to us and it meant so much to wrestling fans. To me, it's a great honor to represent a company that revolutionized and changed the wrestling business."

After The Dudleyz' last WWE stint came to an end in the summer of 2016, D-Von began working in a backstage role with WWE and Bubba Ray started his current run with Ring of Honor.

The Dudleyz had been expected to enter the Hall of Fame this year and were included on a list of inductees that freelance journalist Brad Shepard tweeted last month.

The 2018 Hall of Fame ceremony will take place at the Smoothie King Center on Friday, April 6th.

XIV

Re: The Dudley Boyz to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Post by XIV » Jan 29th, '18, 12:25

Obvious. Well deserved.

So far the WWE hall of fame is actually filling with deserved people and not just some people who once wrestled here.

Christian would be a good shout also.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '18, 12:30

So... what is Bubba's status with ROH now?
Hidden text.
They just introduced him as the new commissioner on the last set of tapings.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 29th, '18, 12:41

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 29th, '18, 12:30 So... what is Bubba's status with ROH now?
Hidden text.
i'm guessing this will just be a one off for WWE, i don't think ROH is so opposed to letting him do the HOF since it's a big deal and it's not televised. After the RAW25 i did suspect that he was done with ROH since I hadn't seen spoilers

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '18, 13:10

cero2k wrote: Jan 29th, '18, 12:41
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 29th, '18, 12:30 So... what is Bubba's status with ROH now?
Hidden text.
i'm guessing this will just be a one off for WWE, i don't think ROH is so opposed to letting him do the HOF since it's a big deal and it's not televised. After the RAW25 i did suspect that he was done with ROH since I hadn't seen spoilers
It just seems odd considering all of the trouble these promotions have been causing for each other about contracts for the past few years.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 29th, '18, 13:29

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 29th, '18, 13:10
cero2k wrote: Jan 29th, '18, 12:41
Hidden text.
It just seems odd considering all of the trouble these promotions have been causing for each other about contracts for the past few years.
indeed. I'm guessing the HOF thing had to be settled months ago when maybe he WAS going to retire in ROH, so i'm guessing this is ROH giving in and WWE probably just didn't care if he has told them at all.