All charges against Rich Swann dismissed

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

All charges against Rich Swann dismissed

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '18, 13:14

Source: f4wonline.com

All charges against Rich Swann stemming from his December arrest were dismissed today.

Court records cite insufficient evidence to sustain a conviction as the reason why the case isn't moving forward. Swann was arrested in Gainesville, Florida on December 10th and charged with false imprisonment/kidnapping, which is a third degree felony, and misdemeanor domestic battery (touching or striking).

The arrest report from the incident stated that Swann had gotten into an argument with his wife Vanarrah Riggs, who wrestles as Su Yung, after she performed at an indie show. The report alleged that Riggs got out of their vehicle due to fearing that the argument was going to escalate, and Swann grabbed her by the arm and around her neck, dragged her back to the car, and pushed her in as she screamed for help. Swann denied physically touching Riggs.

In mid-December, Riggs posted a positive message about Swann on Facebook: "I can not wait to see my husband tomorrow. After such an awesome weekend of wrestling debuting in two different promotions across America, nothing would be better than to see his face."

Swann was indefinitely suspended by WWE after the arrest, which is what the company's zero-tolerance domestic violence policy called for. WWE has yet to comment on Swann's status following the charges being dismissed.

XIV

Re: All charges against Rich Swann dismissed

Post by XIV » Jan 27th, '18, 14:32

Give it 5/6 weeks, wait for it to blow completely over and they’ll begin reintroducing him.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 27th, '18, 16:22

XIV wrote: Jan 27th, '18, 14:32 Give it 5/6 weeks, wait for it to blow completely over and they’ll begin reintroducing him.
Eh. I don't think they'll ever give him a significant push again, and I doubt he'll be resigned when his contract comes due, which should be sometime in the second half of this year. They don't want to even be associated with anything like this, even if the charges are dropped.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 28th, '18, 05:50

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 27th, '18, 16:22
XIV wrote: Jan 27th, '18, 14:32 Give it 5/6 weeks, wait for it to blow completely over and they’ll begin reintroducing him.
Eh. I don't think they'll ever give him a significant push again, and I doubt he'll be resigned when his contract comes due, which should be sometime in the second half of this year. They don't want to even be associated with anything like this, even if the charges are dropped.
Which is ridiculous considering the Company Chairman has been accused of such things himself... you'd think he'd be understanding of these situations.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 28th, '18, 12:47

XIV wrote: Jan 28th, '18, 05:50
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 27th, '18, 16:22
Which is ridiculous considering the Company Chairman has been accused of such things himself... you'd think he'd be understanding of these situations.
I'm sure the company understands the difference. But they also understand that we're living in a culture of trial by internet and in which you are both guilty until proven innocent, and that even if you are found guilty and serve your time there are still loud segments of the population that want you branded as untouchable forever. WWE knows the PR game- and what's even more frustrating is that they know that us fans really don't matter in the PR game because the two prevailing attitudes in the media towards pro wrestling are that it is either dumb or silly, and thus all stories are either already biased against it to the point where the writers barely do their research so WWE has little trouble proving the wrong, or they are pointless fluff pieces that just buy WWE's bullsh*t hook line and sinker (like the recent Steph interview) because they don't care and/or don't know enough to ask real questions. Just look at this one from NPR that Meltzer mocked on his website with the line "see how many incorrect things you can find in this story."

They managed to get sh*t wrong without even talking any sort of specifics!

They know they have their outlets that will shill for them and they realize that anyone accused of anything is no good but they also won't fire someone just for something they were alleged to have done and thus not using them and then not resigning them is their way of keeping their hands clean. It's bullsh*t, but they're a company that thrives on bullsh*t.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 28th, '18, 13:29

It’s sad. He probably will get released in Wrestlemania season, but he’ll do fine on the Indies.
Have A Nice Day!