NJPW coming to Australia next month for four-city tour

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

NJPW coming to Australia next month for four-city tour

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 9th, '18, 12:13

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Jan 9, 2018 10:48 am

After more than a year of talking about it, New Japan Pro Wrestling suddenly announced a four-city tour of Australia for February.

While it was known they would tour in 2018, particularly after the great reception Kazuchika Okada got in his appearance with Melbourne City Wrestling for his match with Slex, it was a surprise it would come before the next United States date.

"New Japan Fallout Down Under" will consist of four shows, a February 16th date at the Adelaide Titanium Arena, a February 17th date at Festival Hall in Melbourne, February 18th in Sydney at the Quay Centre, and February 19th in Perth at HBF Stadium. All four shows will be configured for crowds of less than 5,000 fans. Festival Hall is best known as the weekly home of World Championship Wrestling during the heyday of pro wrestling in Australia.

Wrestlers announced for the tour are Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Minoru Suzuki, The Young Bucks, KUSHIDA, Cody, Tomohiro Ishii, EVIL, SANADA, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Juice Robinson, Bad Luck Fale, and Lance Archer. Will Ospreay is also booked for Sydney and Perth.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Earth Child

Re: NJPW coming to Australia next month for four-city tour

Post by Earth Child » Jan 11th, '18, 17:05

Guess who just got two tickets 'cause this stuff never happens in Australia and decided to jump at the opportunity to see NJPW?

This girl!

5th row seats (which are way cheaper than 2nd row WWE seats) with my dad. Quite excited as I've only been able to catch stuff here and there on youtube from NJPW. Not being tech savy or in possession of many devices, its hard to keep up :P

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '18, 20:15

Earth Child wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 17:05 Guess who just got two tickets 'cause this stuff never happens in Australia and decided to jump at the opportunity to see NJPW?

This girl!

5th row seats (which are way cheaper than 2nd row WWE seats) with my dad. Quite excited as I've only been able to catch stuff here and there on youtube from NJPW. Not being tech savy or in possession of many devices, its hard to keep up :P
I am incredibly jealous right now

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '18, 21:32

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 20:15

I am incredibly jealous right now
This.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 14th, '18, 16:54

i don't know if we talked about this in another topic, but we already know that the Bucks vs Okada/ishii is happening in Australia. Now there's a rumor coming from some tweets that once this whole Bullet Club Civil War is over, the Bucks are staying in the heavyweight division in NJPW.

Thus they did a quick program putting over RPG3K before going up

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 14th, '18, 17:28

cero2k wrote: Feb 14th, '18, 16:54 i don't know if we talked about this in another topic, but we already know that the Bucks vs Okada/ishii is happening in Australia. Now there's a rumor coming from some tweets that once this whole Bullet Club Civil War is over, the Bucks are staying in the heavyweight division in NJPW.

Thus they did a quick program putting over RPG3K before going up
This woudn't make sense unless either they or the Guerrillas of Destiny wind up leaving Bullet Club. And while it would make some new match-ups in that division, it would leave the Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Division as very bare-bones (RPG3K, Suzuzki-Gun, and...? You could put together an LIJ team, but I don't think they will, and would anyone really care about Taguchi teaming with yet another random partner? The best thing to do would be to trim down the roster and merge both divisions and the six-man division into one openweight tag team division.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 14th, '18, 17:50

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 14th, '18, 17:28

This woudn't make sense unless either they or the Guerrillas of Destiny wind up leaving Bullet Club. And while it would make some new match-ups in that division, it would leave the Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Division as very bare-bones (RPG3K, Suzuzki-Gun, and...? You could put together an LIJ team, but I don't think they will, and would anyone really care about Taguchi teaming with yet another random partner? The best thing to do would be to trim down the roster and merge both divisions and the six-man division into one openweight tag team division.
i really don't expect what we know as Bullet Club right now to last long, plus i'm expecting this whole thing goes all the way to august, so that leaves some time anyway.

as per the junior division. they would definitely need to add some people, especially if Taichi is also going heavyweight and something tells me they don't want Hiromu, KUSHIDA, and Scurll in the tag division. Maybe Liger and Tiger could have another run as challengers, same with Dragon Lee and Titan, or whoever new guys they liked from Fantasticamania this year. I also expect Flip Gordon to start coming to NJPW for the BOSJ, so maybe pair him up with someone that is NOT Taguchi. Gordon would actually be a good guy to pair up with the Tongan side of BC after they break up

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 14th, '18, 21:48

cero2k wrote: Feb 14th, '18, 17:50
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 14th, '18, 17:28

i really don't expect what we know as Bullet Club right now to last long, plus i'm expecting this whole thing goes all the way to august, so that leaves some time anyway.

as per the junior division. they would definitely need to add some people, especially if Taichi is also going heavyweight and something tells me they don't want Hiromu, KUSHIDA, and Scurll in the tag division. Maybe Liger and Tiger could have another run as challengers, same with Dragon Lee and Titan, or whoever new guys they liked from Fantasticamania this year. I also expect Flip Gordon to start coming to NJPW for the BOSJ, so maybe pair him up with someone that is NOT Taguchi. Gordon would actually be a good guy to pair up with the Tongan side of BC after they break up
Signing Lee and Titan would be a great move, but I think having them taken away so often would make CMLL unhappy, and they might well be apprehensive to make the jump after the big fat pile of nothing NJPW did with Mascara Dorada when he went over.
I'd love to see Liger Mask get a run with the belts, but Gedo has made his stance on Liger, Tenzan, Nagata etc. pretty clear.
I'm sure they want Hiromu in the singles title picture in the long-term, but taking him out of it for, like, 6-9 months to give him and BUSHI a run with the tag belts would freshen that division up, then freshen the singles division up when you stick Hiromu back into it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 14th, '18, 21:57

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 14th, '18, 21:48
Signing Lee and Titan would be a great move, but I think having them taken away so often would make CMLL unhappy, and they might well be apprehensive to make the jump after the big fat pile of nothing NJPW did with Mascara Dorada when he went over.
I'd love to see Liger Mask get a run with the belts, but Gedo has made his stance on Liger, Tenzan, Nagata etc. pretty clear.
I'm sure they want Hiromu in the singles title picture in the long-term, but taking him out of it for, like, 6-9 months to give him and BUSHI a run with the tag belts would freshen that division up, then freshen the singles division up when you stick Hiromu back into it.
i honestly wouldn't mind Hiromu doing a run with the tag belts, it would at least open up spaces from the 4 guys that only fight for the singles title. Push Kanemaru into that spot and let Ospreay have a lengthy run against him and Taguchi, KUSHIDA, and when he's ready to lose it, bring Hiromu back.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 14th, '18, 22:02

cero2k wrote: Feb 14th, '18, 21:57
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 14th, '18, 21:48
i honestly wouldn't mind Hiromu doing a run with the tag belts, it would at least open up spaces from the 4 guys that only fight for the singles title. Push Kanemaru into that spot and let Ospreay have a lengthy run against him and Taguchi, KUSHIDA, and when he's ready to lose it, bring Hiromu back.
I'd love to see both Ospreay and KUSHIDA wrestle Kanemaru. ACH would be a good guy to bring back as well.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 18th, '18, 06:06

SHOW WAS AMAZING!

It converted my dad who was a long time WWE fan and he hasn't stopped talking about it with my brother who is also now keen to go next year when they come down again (which they confirmed before they closed the show)

Not only was the in ring action better but you got more bang for your buck

After the show they did a meet and greet that you didn't have to be a VIP for. We got photos with Jay White, Will Ospreay and Evil and Sanada. Dad even got a t-shirt from Ospreay

Cero, if you tell me how to post photos I can share them here.

All in all, I'm a happy little Vegemite

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '18, 09:28

Anyone know if these are going to be on NJPW World?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 20th, '18, 10:47

Earth Child wrote: Feb 18th, '18, 06:06 Cero, if you tell me how to post photos I can share them here.
best bet would be to make an album in imgur and share the link, if not, when posting, in the bottom it says attachments
Earth Child wrote: Feb 18th, '18, 06:06
Not only was the in ring action better but you got more bang for your buck
i see what you did there