Impact Ratings, NJPW News

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Impact Ratings, NJPW News

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 6th, '18, 22:48

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

Impact ratings continue to rise now that the NFL regular season is over. This week’s episode averaged 309,000 viewers, which is the third straight week that ratings have been up and the first time Impact has been over the 300,000 mark since August. The show was a new episode after two weeks of recaps.

At least for now, Jay White is a member of NJPW’s Chaos stable after joining the group at a post-Wrestle Kingdom press conference. White said that his next goal is to challenge Kenny Omega for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship, but he said he isn’t going to fall behind Kazuchika Okada and eventually wants to challenge for Okada’s IWGP Heavyweight title. NJPW posted full video of the press conference.

Okada also responded to SANADA challenging him to an IWGP Heavyweight Championship match by suggesting that there should be a Tag Team title match with SANADA & EVIL defending against Okada & Hirooki Goto if he accepts.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Impact Ratings, NJPW News

Post by cero2k » Jan 7th, '18, 15:45

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 6th, '18, 22:48
At least for now, Jay White is a member of NJPW’s Chaos stable after joining the group at a post-Wrestle Kingdom press conference. White said that his next goal is to challenge Kenny Omega for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship, but he said he isn’t going to fall behind Kazuchika Okada and eventually wants to challenge for Okada’s IWGP Heavyweight title. NJPW posted full video of the press conference.
This is great, Jay White has finally broken the ice about CHAOS guys challenging for the title. So Ishii has known for almost two years that he can KILL Okada if he wants to, but hasn't challenged due to that stable loyalty. Ishii vs Okada for the title is coming, and it's gonna be amazing.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '18, 18:50

cero2k wrote: Jan 7th, '18, 15:45
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 6th, '18, 22:48
This is great, Jay White has finally broken the ice about CHAOS guys challenging for the title. So Ishii has known for almost two years that he can KILL Okada if he wants to, but hasn't challenged due to that stable loyalty. Ishii vs Okada for the title is coming, and it's gonna be amazing.
There is no reason it should have taken this long.

I also really don't like White joining CHAOS or even turning babyface. When was the last time we had an independent heel? We need a Bad News Brown.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 7th, '18, 19:47

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 7th, '18, 18:50

I also really don't like White joining CHAOS or even turning babyface. When was the last time we had an independent heel? We need a Bad News Brown.
it also doesn't hurt either, in the overall story, it's cool that Okada has taken care off the other stables and now he'll take the challenges of his friends who we've really haven't seen him feud beyond a G1 match.

I agree on the White joining CHAOS, but of all the stables, I think I can deal with CHAOS the most. I was really worried he was joining LIJ which I'd be 150% against.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '18, 21:16

cero2k wrote: Jan 7th, '18, 19:47
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 7th, '18, 18:50

it also doesn't hurt either, in the overall story, it's cool that Okada has taken care off the other stables and now he'll take the challenges of his friends who we've really haven't seen him feud beyond a G1 match.

I agree on the White joining CHAOS, but of all the stables, I think I can deal with CHAOS the most. I was really worried he was joining LIJ which I'd be 150% against.
He hasn't cleaned out the other stables, though. There is all of the tag guys, plus Yujiro, Sanada, Kojima, Nagata, Tenzan, Makabe, Iizuka, ZJS... plus obviously Omega's outstanding pin on him.
I'm not suggesting that all of these guys be given title shots. I'm saying title shots should be based on merit, regardless of your stable.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 7th, '18, 21:24

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 7th, '18, 21:16
He hasn't cleaned out the other stables, though. There is all of the tag guys, plus Yujiro, Sanada, Kojima, Nagata, Tenzan, Makabe, Iizuka, ZJS... plus obviously Omega's outstanding pin on him.
I'm not suggesting that all of these guys be given title shots. I'm saying title shots should be based on merit, regardless of your stable.
yeah most definitely none of those guys really deserve a title shot. And I'm not saying title shots shouldn't be based on merit, because they are, but you're not gonna force a wrestler to take a title shot if they don't want them. Ishii didn't want to

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '18, 23:35

cero2k wrote: Jan 7th, '18, 21:24
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 7th, '18, 21:16
yeah most definitely none of those guys really deserve a title shot. And I'm not saying title shots shouldn't be based on merit, because they are, but you're not gonna force a wrestler to take a title shot if they don't want them. Ishii didn't want to
When did they ever say that Ishii doens't want the title shot? If that's the case then they should just f*cking say it... except they won't because that would devalue the title. It's just bad booking.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation