Six-man tag title match set for NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome show

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Six-man tag title match set for NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome show

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '17, 12:50

Source: f4wonline.com

New Japan Pro Wrestling has one more title match scheduled before Wrestle Kingdom 12 at the Tokyo Dome.

NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Champions SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI will defend their titles against Bad Luck Fale & Guerrillas of Destiny at NJPW's Road to Tokyo Dome show on December 17th. With SANADA & EVIL challenging Killer Elite Squad at Wrestle Kingdom, a title change would clear the way for the NEVER tag belts to be featured on the card.

SANADA & EVIL defeated Guerrillas of Destiny in this year's World Tag League finals, with BUSHI getting disqualified against Fale earlier in the show after using the black mist.

The NEVER Six-Man titles were featured in a gauntlet match at Wrestle Kingdom 11. Whether Los Ingobernables de Japon retain or not, the full card for January's Dome show likely won't be announced until after Sunday's six-man title match happens.

SANADA & EVIL vs. KES for the IWGP Tag Team Championship was added to the Wrestle Kingdom 12 lineup at a press conference overnight. Minoru Suzuki vs. Hirooki Goto in a match where Suzuki's NEVER Openweight title and Goto's hair are both on the line has been set up as well, though NJPW has yet to officially announce it.

Korakuen Hall will host Road to Tokyo Dome shows on December 17th and 18th as the final build to Wrestle Kingdom takes place. Hiroshi Tanahashi isn't listed on the card for either night at Korakuen, which means that his first match back from his knee injury is scheduled to be when he faces Jay White at the Dome.

Kazuchika Okada facing off against Tetsuya Naito in tag team matches ahead of their IWGP Heavyweight Championship bout is the main event for both Road to Tokyo Dome shows. Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Naito & Hiromu Takahashi will headline night one, with Okada, Sho & Yoh vs. Naito, Takahashi & BUSHI set for night two.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Six-man tag title match set for NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome show

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '17, 12:50

this answers my question from yesterday, now i know what's happening the trios titles.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '17, 13:45

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '17, 12:50 this answers my question from yesterday, now i know what's happening the trios titles.
No. All we know is who the champs will be going into the Dome. We don't know who they will defend them against. My guess would be a either a random CHAOS trio (YOSHI-HASHI, Yano, & Gedo?) or a random Taguchi Japan trio (Juice, Elgin, & Taguchi?) Maybe Ten-Koji & and a third guy(Makabe?)?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '17, 14:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '17, 13:45
cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '17, 12:50 this answers my question from yesterday, now i know what's happening the trios titles.
No. All we know is who the champs will be going into the Dome. We don't know who they will defend them against. My guess would be a either a random CHAOS trio (YOSHI-HASHI, Yano, & Gedo?) or a random Taguchi Japan trio (Juice, Elgin, & Taguchi?) Maybe Ten-Koji & and a third guy(Makabe?)?
dude, it's NJPW, it's gonna be another gauntlet clusterfuck match for sure. i'm calling YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii/Beretta vs Sabre/Desperado/Taichi vs Juice/WarMachine vs Nagata/Kojima/Makabe vs Fale/GOD

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '17, 18:30

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '17, 14:26
dude, it's NJPW, it's gonna be another gauntlet clusterfuck match for sure. i'm calling YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii/Beretta vs Sabre/Desperado/Taichi vs Juice/WarMachine vs Nagata/Kojima/Makabe vs Fale/GOD
You don't think they'll be content with just putting those guys in the battle royale?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '17, 22:06

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '17, 18:30

You don't think they'll be content with just putting those guys in the battle royale?
not really, there's tons of new guys because of the world tag league, some Jrs not being featured, the usual americans that roam around. Maybe the old timers will make it to the rumble, but I can't see guys like War Machine or Ishii not featured in the main show. I guess there's still space to add some lower card matches, but I'm not hopeful.

there's already 8 matches confirmed (not counting the trios). there's not a lot of space left. I rather they just do the clusterfuck trios match and the rumble and have extra time for whoever needs it in the main event

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '17, 23:02

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '17, 22:06
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '17, 18:30

not really, there's tons of new guys because of the world tag league, some Jrs not being featured, the usual americans that roam around. Maybe the old timers will make it to the rumble, but I can't see guys like War Machine or Ishii not featured in the main show. I guess there's still space to add some lower card matches, but I'm not hopeful.

there's already 8 matches confirmed (not counting the trios). there's not a lot of space left. I rather they just do the clusterfuck trios match and the rumble and have extra time for whoever needs it in the main event
With guys like War Machine I'd figure that they'd just not pay to fly them over rather than hurt the quality of the card by trying to squeeze them into the six-man tag title match. Same with someone like Callihan or Cobb. I'd say Juice and Elgin are part of the roster enough to at least deserve a spot in the Rumble, but I'd even leave a guy like Chase Owens or Adam Page back in the US rather than fly them in if their presence won't actually add anything.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation