Three WWE 205 Live house shows set for January

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Three WWE 205 Live house shows set for January

Post by cero2k » Dec 4th, '17, 13:05

Source: f4wonline.com

The 205 Live roster will be hitting the road in January.

Just over a year after the series debuted, WWE made the announcement today that the first three 205 Live-exclusive house shows will be taking place across one weekend in January. All three venues that will be hosting the events are smaller buildings where NXT road shows have previously taken place.

Here's the schedule for the events:

January 19th -- The Ryan Center in Kingston, Rhode Island
January 20th -- The Lowell Memorial Auditorium in Lowell, Massachusetts
January 21st -- The Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York

Vince McMahon previously mentioned the idea of cruiserweight-only house shows on a conference call in February, but no timetable for them was given then. PWInsider reported that the 205 Live tours in January and potentially February will be an experiment by WWE to determine if it's a financially viable concept.

The cruiserweight division has had limited exposure on main roster house shows, with the champion usually defending against a challenger on the Raw events. If this works out, it would remove the cruiserweight matches from the Raw brand tours and enable the talent to work more often.

Tickets for the January shows are set to go on sale on December 8th at 10 a.m. Eastern time. Enzo Amore and Hideo Itami will be the key stars of the brand.

Big Red Machine

Re: Three WWE 205 Live house shows set for January

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 4th, '17, 14:37

These should be good. If I can scrape up the money and time I might head to the one in Poughkeepsie.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 5th, '17, 06:41

I'm interested to see what they're going to charge for tickets, if they'll treat it more like a regular house show or more like an NXT house show.

It's tricky. House Shows in my area run $40 to $50 for decent seats - which I don't think 205 could justify. NXT, per wwe.com, is $10 for general admission/$20 ringside - which I don't think is enough for 205 (Holy shit! I don't think that's enough for nxt! I usually pay $10 to see the local indies...). I'm curious about what their plans are.

Also wondering how they plan to make it clear that the Raw/Smackdown guys won't be there. People are stupid.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 5th, '17, 08:36

Bob-O wrote: Dec 5th, '17, 06:41 I'm interested to see what they're going to charge for tickets, if they'll treat it more like a regular house show or more like an NXT house show.

It's tricky. House Shows in my area run $40 to $50 for decent seats - which I don't think 205 could justify. NXT, per wwe.com, is $10 for general admission/$20 ringside - which I don't think is enough for 205 (Holy shit! I don't think that's enough for nxt! I usually pay $10 to see the local indies...). I'm curious about what their plans are.

Also wondering how they plan to make it clear that the Raw/Smackdown guys won't be there. People are stupid.
Because it's a "205 Live" show and thus it seems obvious to me that anyone who isn't in the division won't be there.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 5th, '17, 09:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 5th, '17, 08:36
Bob-O wrote: Dec 5th, '17, 06:41 Also wondering how they plan to make it clear that the Raw/Smackdown guys won't be there. People are stupid.
Because it's a "205 Live" show and thus it seems obvious to me that anyone who isn't in the division won't be there.
Obvious to me, obvious to you, obvious to many people. Allow me to correct my statement, "People" are quite smart - the "Public" is stupid...

"Dad? When's John Cena coming out?"
"I don't know buddy. Probably soon."
"Dad? I don't know most of these guys."
"Me neither. The tickets say WWE, I don't know what's going on..."
"Dad!? It's over!? I thought the Shield was going to be here!"
"I guess so! You didn't see anyone you liked?"
"No! This is the worst birthday ever. Eat shit, dad. Eat.... Shit... I hate you."
"I am outraged by this and going to demand a refund! Where is the manager?"

Now, will that refund buy them Pizza and Tokens and Chuck E Cheese, or will that refund buy them a year of xbox live?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 5th, '17, 11:24

Bob-O wrote: Dec 5th, '17, 09:07
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 5th, '17, 08:36
Bob-O wrote: Dec 5th, '17, 06:41 Also wondering how they plan to make it clear that the Raw/Smackdown guys won't be there. People are stupid.
Obvious to me, obvious to you, obvious to many people. Allow me to correct my statement, "People" are quite smart - the "Public" is stupid...

"Dad? When's John Cena coming out?"
"I don't know buddy. Probably soon."
"Dad? I don't know most of these guys."
"Me neither. The tickets say WWE, I don't know what's going on..."
"Dad!? It's over!? I thought the Shield was going to be here!"
"I guess so! You didn't see anyone you liked?"
"No! This is the worst birthday ever. Eat shit, dad. Eat.... Shit... I hate you."
"I am outraged by this and going to demand a refund! Where is the manager?"

Now, will that refund buy them Pizza and Tokens and Chuck E Cheese, or will that refund buy them a year of xbox live?
I hadn't though about it from that perspective.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation