Referee Earl Hebner Makes Impact Wrestling Departure

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Referee Earl Hebner Makes Impact Wrestling Departure

Post by cero2k » Nov 3rd, '17, 12:39

Source: prowrestlingsheet.com

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned referee Earl Hebner is no longer working for Impact Wrestling.

Sources tell us Hebner left the company this week and it was due to Impact informing the referees that they’d be using local refs while in Canada for Bound For Glory/the tapings that follow.

The past week has seen an exodus of referees from Impact. First Brian Hebner was granted his release, then Brian Stiffler made his exit from the company.

Earl had been with Impact since 2006 and was inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame in 2015.

No word on what his plans for the future are at this point.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Referee Earl Hebner Makes Impact Wrestling Departure

Post by cero2k » Nov 3rd, '17, 12:39

finally, no more shitty Hebner making out with KOs matches

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 3rd, '17, 13:47

cero2k wrote: Nov 3rd, '17, 12:39 finally, no more shitty Hebner making out with KOs matches
You could have ended that sentence after Hebner. TNA's refs were always TERRIBLE. WWE refs are pretty great about making sure they are distracted when need be, and with ROH and New Japan it usually seems a lot more like the wrestlers are at fault, like they're just doing weapons spots without letting the referee know what's coming, but TNA reds were in that spot where they knew to distract themselves and almost always tried, but would do such a terrible job of timing things that they would see exactly the things they were trying to not see.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 9th, '17, 18:24

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 3rd, '17, 13:47
cero2k wrote: Nov 3rd, '17, 12:39 finally, no more shitty Hebner making out with KOs matches
You could have ended that sentence after Hebner. TNA's refs were always TERRIBLE. WWE refs are pretty great about making sure they are distracted when need be, and with ROH and New Japan it usually seems a lot more like the wrestlers are at fault, like they're just doing weapons spots without letting the referee know what's coming, but TNA reds were in that spot where they knew to distract themselves and almost always tried, but would do such a terrible job of timing things that they would see exactly the things they were trying to not see.
Not only all this. But wherever Hebner goes.... Montreal Screwjob finishes do follow too.

He could probably retire nice and quietly or make a nice steady living appearing at occasional smaller wrestling promotions to referee the odd main event and make it a little bit special.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 10th, '17, 08:29

XIV wrote: Nov 9th, '17, 18:24

He could probably retire nice and quietly or make a nice steady living appearing at occasional smaller wrestling promotions to referee the odd main event and make it a little bit special.
i'm guessing that's what's left for him, i can't see WWE taking him, tho ROH i could totally see going for it

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 10th, '17, 09:48

cero2k wrote: Nov 10th, '17, 08:29
XIV wrote: Nov 9th, '17, 18:24

i'm guessing that's what's left for him, i can't see WWE taking him, tho ROH i could totally see going for it
Dear G-d I hope not.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3