WWE reveals official rules for NXT's War Games match

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE reveals official rules for NXT's War Games match

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '17, 12:49

Source: www.F4Wonline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Nov 2, 2017 10:02 am

Now that the main event for NXT's next TakeOver special has officially been announced on television, WWE has revealed the rules for this month's War Games match:

There will be a steel cage that surrounds two rings.
A member from each team will start the match, with there being three separate shark cages near the entranceway that the other wrestlers are put in before they enter.
After five minutes, the remaining two members from one team will be let out of their shark cage and into the ring. Following that, there will be a three-minute period until the next team's wrestlers are let in. There will then be a final three-minute period until the last team's members are allowed to join the match.
The match can be won by pinfall or submission once all of the teams have fully entered.

The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly), SAnitY (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain), and Roderick Strong & The Authors of Pain will be the three teams involved in War Games, which is the first time WWE has used the concept since acquiring WCW in 2001.

The Toyota Center in Houston, Texas will host NXT TakeOver: War Games on November 18th. Other matches that have been confirmed for the show are Drew McIntyre defending his NXT Championship against Andrade "Cien" Almas, Kairi Sane vs. Peyton Royce vs. Ember Moon vs. Nikki Cross for the vacant Women's title, and Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE reveals official rules for NXT's War Games match

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '17, 12:53

I like the rules changes a lot for this particular match (saves time, does a better job of preserving the feel of one team having the advantage that wouldn't be as ever-present if it could wind up as 2-on-2-on-1 or 3-on-2-on-2, or even when it's 2-on-1-on-1, and reduces the time in which no one can win to a more manageable about), but if this wasn't a three-way, I would much rather have the original rules rather than every remaining guy on the team entering at the same time.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 2nd, '17, 13:58

maybe it's the nostalgia on me, but I always liked the strategy in how teams would bring out their guys to the ring, now it just kinda feels like a weird combination of elimination chamber with lethal lockdown. it also makes the match kinda weird maybe predictable as in, do you really expect roddy and random AOP guy inside the cage? I'm assuming Roddy/Cole/Young HAVE to start the match.

I would force a member of each team together into the shark cage and release them all at the same time. it be interesting seeing them fight inside the shark cage

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '17, 17:29

cero2k wrote: Nov 2nd, '17, 13:58 maybe it's the nostalgia on me, but I always liked the strategy in how teams would bring out their guys to the ring, now it just kinda feels like a weird combination of elimination chamber with lethal lockdown. it also makes the match kinda weird maybe predictable as in, do you really expect roddy and random AOP guy inside the cage? I'm assuming Roddy/Cole/Young HAVE to start the match.

I would force a member of each team together into the shark cage and release them all at the same time. it be interesting seeing them fight inside the shark cage
Roddy will, and AoP will definitely be the last ones in. The other teams could be in any order.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation