TNA News: Ratings, BFG

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

TNA News: Ratings, BFG

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 17th, '17, 13:14

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

Though they haven’t revealed the city yet, GFW officially announced that this year’s Bound for Glory will be taking place in Canada on November 5th. The city, which is expected to be Toronto, will be announced on Monday.
Ratings for Impact were up a bit this week, with the show averaging 239,000 viewers after doing 227,000 the week prior. It also faced far weaker competition as last week went against the first game of the NFL season on NBC and Hurricane Irma coverage. Thursday’s Houston Texans vs. Cincinnati Bengals game averaged 8.08 million viewers on the NFL Network.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: TNA News: Ratings, BFG

Post by cero2k » Sep 17th, '17, 20:10

i think Toronto is a crowd that could draw some good numbers, but it's an interesting choice. I also wonder if they're doing this to go around bringing in people without US work visas from Japan and Mexico.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 17th, '17, 22:23

cero2k wrote: Sep 17th, '17, 20:10 i think Toronto is a crowd that could draw some good numbers, but it's an interesting choice. I also wonder if they're doing this to go around bringing in people without US work visas from Japan and Mexico.
That was my thought as well. Otherwise, running Toronto makes no sense at all because of the worse exchange rate and the fact that all of their usual pack of Canadians (Roode, EY, Petey) have left the company by now, and there really aren't any others they could bring in aside from Speedball because Kyle is in WWE and Elgin and Omega are New Japan.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 18th, '17, 07:08

No, Pete Williams is back.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '17, 07:42

Taya, Petey, Allie, Rosemary, Gail Kim (She's from Toronto and retiring), they're all Canadian, so they do have some people that may bring in some hometown fans. As who else they could bring, SMASH is from Toronto and another Fight Network company, I don't think they would use the PROGRESS people, but maybe Tyson Dux, Smash Bros, Well Oiled Machines.

but like i said, i don't think the money is on bringing canadians, but using the visa loophole and bringing Mexicans and Japanese that don't have visas

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 18th, '17, 10:16

cero2k wrote: Sep 18th, '17, 07:42 Taya, Petey, Allie, Rosemary, Gail Kim (She's from Toronto and retiring), they're all Canadian, so they do have some people that may bring in some hometown fans. As who else they could bring, SMASH is from Toronto and another Fight Network company, I don't think they would use the PROGRESS people, but maybe Tyson Dux, Smash Bros, Well Oiled Machines.

but like i said, i don't think the money is on bringing canadians, but using the visa loophole and bringing Mexicans and Japanese that don't have visas
So the question then becomes, who are they trying to bring that doesn't have a visa? My guess would be someone from NOAH. Shiozaki? Sugiura?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '17, 11:10

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 18th, '17, 10:16
cero2k wrote: Sep 18th, '17, 07:42 Taya, Petey, Allie, Rosemary, Gail Kim (She's from Toronto and retiring), they're all Canadian, so they do have some people that may bring in some hometown fans. As who else they could bring, SMASH is from Toronto and another Fight Network company, I don't think they would use the PROGRESS people, but maybe Tyson Dux, Smash Bros, Well Oiled Machines.

So the question then becomes, who are they trying to bring that doesn't have a visa? My guess would be someone from NOAH. Shiozaki? Sugiura?
I think Sugiura is still recovering from his surgery, but Shiosaki would be a good option. Maybe Psycho Circus