Davey Richards Done With GFW

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Davey Richards Done With GFW

Post by cero2k » Jul 24th, '17, 14:51

This seems more like an almost retirement for now

Big Red Machine

Re: Davey Richards Done With GFW

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '17, 14:57

Good for Davey. Plus the costs of medical school will make it much harder for him to change his mind like last time. It will be interesting to see who he works these last "limited dates" for. I assume Gabe will try to bring him in like he did with Roddy, and it will be interesting to see if ROH is willing to bring him back for a one-shot. Plus there is PWG, where he has a lot of history, and the St. Louis area, where I think he still lives.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 24th, '17, 15:40

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 24th, '17, 14:57 Good for Davey. Plus the costs of medical school will make it much harder for him to change his mind like last time. It will be interesting to see who he works these last "limited dates" for. I assume Gabe will try to bring him in like he did with Roddy, and it will be interesting to see if ROH is willing to bring him back for a one-shot. Plus there is PWG, where he has a lot of history, and the St. Louis area, where I think he still lives.
those bookings will probably be more expensive now, so I see guys like Defy that are barely trying to make a name, but EVOLVE or ROH i'm surely will pass.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '17, 17:46

cero2k wrote: Jul 24th, '17, 15:40
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 24th, '17, 14:57 Good for Davey. Plus the costs of medical school will make it much harder for him to change his mind like last time. It will be interesting to see who he works these last "limited dates" for. I assume Gabe will try to bring him in like he did with Roddy, and it will be interesting to see if ROH is willing to bring him back for a one-shot. Plus there is PWG, where he has a lot of history, and the St. Louis area, where I think he still lives.
those bookings will probably be more expensive now, so I see guys like Defy that are barely trying to make a name, but EVOLVE or ROH i'm surely will pass.
Except that Davey was fairly influential in the presentation of both companies for a long time (even if Davey's tenure with EVOLVE was short, the company was very much founded with the intention of having a Davey/Kyle/famous Dragon vs. Low Ki "hybrid wrestling" (as in a hybrid of grapplef*ck and Strong Style) style that we have now come to know as the EVOLVE style. He also still has a name value that would be of use for putting over someone like a Matt Riddle or Tracy Williams or Fred Yehi or even ZSJ in a big spot.
ROH will probably see it as the sort of desperate attention grab that they like so much.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3