Mauro Ranallo staying with WWE as part of NXT broadcast team

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Mauro Ranallo staying with WWE as part of NXT broadcast team

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 22nd, '17, 15:20

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | Jun 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Additional notes added by Joseph Currier

Despite agreeing to part ways with the company not too long ago, Mauro Ranallo is staying with WWE -- this time with a role on the NXT broadcast team.

“WWE and I mutually agreed to end my responsibilities on SmackDown having nothing to do with rumors about disputes,” Ranallo wrote on his Instagram account. “As I remained under contract with WWE, we discussed a variety of options. Despite originally agreeing to part ways, there was always a desire to continue working together. We have come to terms on a new agreement that benefits both WWE and me, and I am thrilled to announce I will now be part of the NXT broadcasting team.”

Ranallo will be appearing at NXT's television tapings at Full Sail University tomorrow night. He tweeted that he will be the lead play-by-play voice of NXT.

Ranallo had originally left his role as one of the voices of SmackDown in March amid reports that it may have had something to do with John Bradshaw Layfield’s comments on an episode of the WWE Network show "Bring it to the Table," though Ranallo denied that his departure had anything to do with JBL as part of an agreement with WWE.

Dave Meltzer had reported then that Ranallo coming back to WWE was not a dead issue. His contract with the company had been set to expire in August.

Ranallo has previously announced that he will be joining Bellator MMA with a spot on their commentary team, as well as calling the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor boxing match in August.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: Mauro Ranallo staying with WWE as part of NXT broadcast team

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 23rd, '17, 08:17

That's definitely really good overall, and certainly for Nxt as well, but what does this mean for the NXT commentary team? Are we going to have four dudes every Wednesday night?

Watson to replace Saxton on SD?

It's obviously the better choice lol.

He just become a wrestler again... Saxton. Lol Whatever even happened there in the first place, and how did he end up announcing?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Re: Mauro Ranallo staying with WWE as part of NXT broadcast team

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 23rd, '17, 10:12

I think it's just Tom Phillips leaving NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3