SmackDown posts lowest ratings of 2017

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

SmackDown posts lowest ratings of 2017

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 26th, '17, 21:22

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Paul Fontaine | @PaulAceFontaine | Apr 26, 2017 6:11 pm

After last week's disappointing SmackDown ratings, this week's episode fell even further. It dropped below 2.5 million viewers for the first time since the December 6th, 2016 show, which came in at 2.479 million.

Tuesday's show averaged 2.493 million viewers, down two percent from the previous week's total.

SmackDown was sixth for the night on cable in total viewers, with its main competition being an NBA playoff game between the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Houston Rockets, which did 4.143 million directly opposite SmackDown.

The episode did finish third for the night in the 18-49 demo, trailing only the two NBA playoff games that both aired on TNT.

SmackDown is now averaging 2.57 million viewers on Tuesday nights since the brand split, well up from what the show had been doing in its taped format on Thursdays. The numbers have dropped with the traditional post-Mania lull, as expected, but would still be considered good at their current levels.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: SmackDown posts lowest ratings of 2017

Post by cero2k » Apr 27th, '17, 09:22

gee, i wonder why? are people hyped for Breezango and the Jinder-Shake?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 27th, '17, 10:01

I almost think it's some big troll or something... Middle finger to the fans...Idk.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 28th, '17, 05:12

6 months ago, Smackdown was in great shape.

I can't see many people getting behind Jinder one way or the other. He just lacks so much. Adding the Bollywood Boys doesn't float my boat either.

Oh look, another "foreigner" faction with an axe to grind.

Yawn.

With Sami Zayn, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin and Randy Orton on the show, you would think they would aim more for one of these directions...

In fact. I'd love to see those 6 in a Hell in a Cell match just like that old Armageddon favourite.

You build up that these 6 are desperate for the Championship. It adds prestige to the championship AND cements all of these guys.

But no.

We get Jinder and the Bollywood Boys stealing titles and riding off in shit rental limos.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 28th, '17, 08:20

I actually hope that Jeet Rama dude doesn't join them...lol he ain't a muscle type.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.