Shaq blames WWE for WrestleMania match falling through

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Shaq blames WWE for WrestleMania match falling through

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 25th, '17, 00:38

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Apr 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Though it ultimately didn't happen, Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal seemed to be the first match penciled into the WrestleMania 33 card at one point.

Both O'Neal and Big Show offered explanations for the match falling through even before it was officially off, with Shaq saying that it wasn't his fault and Big Show blaming his opponent. Triple H also discussed the issue at one point and said that he didn't think either participant was serious about the match.

While recording a live episode of his podcast in Atlanta, O'Neal reiterated that WWE was to blame for the match not happening.

“Because they kept playing," Shaq explained. "First, they said it was me and Big Show. Then, they said it was going to be three and three. Then, they canceled it, so when they canceled it, I made other arrangements. And then they tried to call back and tried to get it done, and I just said, ‘I’m not going to do it.’ They messed it up.”

Shaq vs. Big Show was originally set up at the ESPY Awards last summer following the two facing off in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 32. Shaq's co-host John Kincade theorized on the podcast that O'Neal didn't want to lose the match, though Shaq said that he would have been fine with losing.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3